Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ok.....How big of Uh-Oh is this

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mtnman210, May 7, 2006.

1. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

Went wheeling today(pictures on the way)...when I got home there was oil all over the under side of the truck. It started at the rear yoke of the t-case and went back. Upon further looking over I find that I left the t-case in 4high. It's a 203 with a part time kit and the hubs WERE NOT locked but it did take about 45min to an hour of freeway driving like that. Also While in park I can move the rear driveshaft--not a whole lot but I thought it wasn't suppose to move at all.

SO how much trouble am I in by driving home like that? What could have broke to let the rear shaft move? What should I look for/go over?

2. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hard to say. Make sure you check the oil level of your transfer case before you drive it again. About all you can do is get the transfer case oil level back to normal, and test drive it in all gears to see if there is a problem.

3. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

thanks. I'll let ya know my findings once I get to take a look at it this afternoon.