Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OK, how would YOU run the country??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Apr 1, 2005.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i saw some interesting things in MT.BURBS post. what would you do different?? taxes, illegals, social security,welfare, national security,the armed forces and thier families and pay,keeping peace with other countries,stopping terrorists,AND paying for it all??? i wouldn't know where to start. :D daryl

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

free shipping to Canada!! :grin:
    among other things I can think of...

3. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

With an iron fist .. of course. How else? :D

:crazy:

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Gee Daryl, talk about a Can O Worms.

That's why the gentlemen that put this country together in the first place deserve so much respect and the Constitution should remain unchanged. They put in enough checks and balances to allow for side to side movement but keep us on the road.

If I were to suddenly become President it'd be free pizza and beer every Friday night. My great contribution.

5. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

Leaner, alot less pork in the buget. Way too much fluffy BS being paid for by tax payers.

Take care of the citizens, protect the lives, jobs, and way of life. Strong, proactive national defense. Strong laws on illegals. Strong measures proventing importing foreign workers (or exporting jobs)

Less touchy feelie in courts, No one should die of old age on death row. Insanity is not a defense, just a guilty plea. Life in prison with out chance of parole is a waste of time, thats what death row is for.

yeah, here comes the flames...

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

You aint gonna get no flames from me, i agree.

7. boggerless

i'm with ya, i would not want to die in prison. :laugh:

8. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Change the tax system. abolish irs, and institute a flat tax, maybe 15%, but make the first 20k of anyones income not subject to taxation. also, no taxes on investment income. people need to keep more of their money.

A rising tide lifts all boats.

Tom

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Declare all laws null and void and rule by only the 27 amendments in the Constitution. States rights over Federal powers since that's the way it was supposed to be in the first place. Allow immigration to all people that can prove that they are healthy and can contribute to society.

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hmmmm

* State's rights
    * Enact law on MAXIMUM requirements for CCW. Any state that refused proper CCW would get thier police funding cut. Just like the minimum drinking age. (From what I remember from government class)
    * Absolutley no designation between anyone. Each person considered as they come
    * Change the current and utterly ineffictive abstinance only education in schools
    * Drinking minimum age lowered to 18
    * Pistol requirements lowered to 18
    * Actively endorse firearm education and build ranges
    * Seperate athletics from school (not diminish, just seperate, and put school first)
    * Have a complete and utterly insane image campaign for my presidency. Gunshot, kissing babies, video games, carrying groceries for old people, washing dishes, hanging out in Canada
    * Nothing would be required to be in anything but english
    * Push a population diminishing program
    * Heavy art funding, but not to wankers covering houses in cheese
    * Taxes on conspicuous food
    * In clearcut cases of violent rape and murder without cause proved without a doubt, death. Kids, old people, the retarded, animals, ducks. Bullet to the head. I'll do it myself.
    * Make the most important drugs available as cheap as possible from the government. Not boner pills or hair growing serum. Heart medicine.
    * Kick people's ass's outside.
    * Stop any medical funding for anything not absolutely needed
    * More national parks. Devided into three areas. Off Road Trails, Foot Trails, And Pure Wilderness
    * Concentrate on America first. Whatever Iraq is doing, let them do it. They show up here, hopefully the pistols for people program has taken hold.
    * A all encompasing program for greater intellegence of the people, without mechanizing people's lives
    * Gay people get left alone. I don't really mind Ronny and Carl swing dancing at the local bar.
    * The religious get left alone. Little funding though. Just for those nice windows.
    * A program promoting the ability for people to "take it like a man"
    * No whining
    * Daily presidential "**** you" dances
    * The president always carrys EVERYWHERE
    * Less old men in government
    * Less pandering
    * No lazy ****s
    * Cigarettes for everyone!
    * Music education funding
    * I get a bad ass Chevelle
    * Appoint Secratary Of Pattymelts
    * Tax rich people a lot
    * Tax poor people less
    * Tax the middle class less, unless they're scum, then tax them to all hell
    * Fireworks, all the time
    * More money for teachers, but only if they're good
    * A chicken in every pot
    * Don't eat meat? Too damn bad!
    * Hugs for everyrone
    * Explosions
    * Fire
    * Explosions AND Fire

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  11. boggerless

that sounds cool,TOM.under 20 thousand is tax free i think.even if your single. :D

12. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

The country at it's foundation could be likenned to a 1000hp 69 Chevelle with traction bars and 12 inch slicks.... now, it could be likenned as either a Ford Pinto with a 200CI IL6 that would blow up with one good punch to the kidney, or the Gravedigger monster truck... just rolls over the competition...

If I were running the country, there would be no taxes for anyone with under 20k income, and only after 20k would you be taxed. Rich people would pay more in taxes than us poor folk, since that's the way it should be... Gun control would exist solely to protect the public rather than to undermine our rights, and anyone who has the proper qualifications would be able to Conceal carry in ANY state. The little bitch laws that congress has developed in the past 100 years would be abolished faster than slavery, and the Constitution would again be more than a show piece at the Smithsonian.

The gas tax would be dropped to the lowest possible amount to still be able to pay for it and the guy running the pump to turn a profit in his business, every citizen who decided to start a business would get 7 years tax free just like the camel jockeys who run the local station in my 3000 population town... Weed would be legal, but controlled, and Alcohol would be more controlled. If you get caught drunk driving, you'd lose your license the first time for 5 years, second offense, you don't drive ever again... War would be a thing of the past as we make amends with our enemies while still reminding them that we are the largest super power on Earth, and we would not get involved in other countrys' wars unless it had something to do with us in the first place.

We'd get gas from our own sources, rather than from other countries, and let them bastards fend for themselves when someone wants to take over their oil rigs. We produce enough oil in Texas alone to provide for the whole country, let alone Alaska, which produces enough crude oil for half the planet's population of daily drivers.

Eventually, money would be eliminated, and free trade would actually mean you get sh*t for free from anyone willing to part with it. Housing would be free, since everyone needs a place to live, whether you are a street drunk or Donald F*cking Trump himself. We would experience World Peace if money were not the object of everyone's desires. You could actually enjoy work knowing that everyone is getting the same thing out of it money wise... nothing. The only thing on peoples' minds would be their quality of craftsmanship... if they build houses, they would pride themselves in the strength of the dwelling they just completed, rather than the paycheck the build brought them. The performance engine builder would only be interested in whether or not his engine won the race, rather than the $30,000 he got from the car owner. The world would live in "Bovine Bliss"...

.... If I ran the country...

13. Resurrection_Joe

That's a lot of idealism, must wear big pants

14. boggerless

thats right. we don't need any changes to it.watch who you vote for.let's not make it worse!!!!!!!

15. PhoenixZorn

Joe, it's really funny how much we think alike... I was writing my post while you were writing yours, and we both thought of a Chevelle....

Oh yeah... forgot to mention... 50% of bars in the country would be replaced with indoor pistol and archery ranges, where you don't have to buy the range ammo, you can walk in with a Desert Eagle and no one cares, and you can put as many rounds down range as you want... 24 hours a day. (additional sound proofing required on selected buildings) Public Forest land would really be public, and if there is an old logging trail in said forest, feel free to try your hand at running it... in any vehicle... from a honda to a 5 ton.

16. boggerless

AMEN. quit changing stuff to fit todays crap. :mad:

17. PhoenixZorn

And yeah... I do wear big pants... cuz I have big steel balls. =)

18. Resurrection_Joe

Yeah, I liked yours too, except for the end of money.

Your theory would mean that for most of it to work you'd need almost exclusively one man busineses. Also, let's say I trade some guy an art piece and three short stories for roofing my garage. He lives in Alaska I live in Florida.

I forgot one thing I'd add though

* Motorcycles, lots of em

19. Resurrection_Joe

Not you, the idealism of part of your post. It's a chubby little amorphous anothropomorph isn't it? :D

20. PhoenixZorn

quite...

No one said it had to be realistic... and up until the abolishment of money, it could all be done.