Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ok i am a dumbass.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by veris, Aug 6, 2003.

1. veris

veris Registered Member

Just got my 87 k5 last week, been fixing it up, new plugs, wires, egr, fluids, etc.

I was removing the linkage of the wiper motor in the plenum chamber, and I lost my wrench down there! Now i cant find where it comes out, or if it does!

What do i have to remove to get it back, i love that wrench!

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i dont exactally have a picture in my head of where you dropped your wrench but Rig up a magnet on a string and try and fish it out.

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking it was dropped down inside the cowl. If that's the case there's a plastic panel on underneath the truck just behind the fender you can pry off with a screwdriver. Hopefully it'll be laying there. If not then blast the opening where you dropped the wrench with a high pressure hose and see if it falls out (along with all the leaves and garbage built up inside there). If that fails you may need to replace the plastic panel and drive around making sharp turns to force it to fall down. Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. veris

veris Registered Member

Its behind the firewall, where the wiper motor attachs to the linkage. I reached in that plastic pannel, under the truck, nothing there. I might have to drive around and see if anything falls out, doh!

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

DO you mean the cowel box at the base of the windsheild.....Uhhhhhh might come out one day when all the leaves and crud below it rot out then it will fall out the drain hole above where the fender bolts to the rocker. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Try to fish it out with a magnet on a flex deal. It a spring deal about 2 ft long wil a magnet on one end.

6. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If not then blast the opening where you dropped the wrench with a high pressure hose and see if it falls out (along with all the leaves and garbage built up inside there).

[/ QUOTE ]
    You wouldn't beleive all the garbage that will come out doing this. Just use a garden hose with a nozzle.