Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ok, I am going to catch hell for this.. Look inside -->

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Emmettology 101, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Well I sold the 86 K5 finally.. That'll help with some bills and such.. But I am still a K5/Jimmy owner as I have my 82 Jimmy(Emmett) and will never part with it. But it is down with no drivetrain and in serious need of a new floor. But thats not the exciting news....

I am now the proud owner of a 91 Toyota p/u! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It will(overtime) receive: SAS, 4.3, 700r4, 35's, etc. Its goign to be my DD/weekend wheeler for a while once I get it on the road.. COOL BEANS!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok, flamesuit on. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Emmettology 101

Oh, and.. You can see two pics of my Toy here:

http://community.webshots.com/user/emmettology

BTW, I traded my spare set of 35x15.50x15 TSL's with about 30-40% tread on them with 15x10 chrome Barts for this truck.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I am now the proud owner of a 91 Toyota p/u! It will(overtime) receive: SAS, 4.3, 700r4, 35's, etc. Its goign to be my DD/weekend wheeler for a while once I get it on the road.. COOL BEANS!!!!

Ok, flamesuit on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are You changing Your user name to..Benedict Emmettology 101??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

LOL...don't sweat-it...after seeing MY k5...eat that TOY..
    You'll be workin'on Emmett!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Emmettology 101

LOL... I'll always be a K5'er and will never sell Emmett...

And on the eat'n TOy remark... Shiiiiiittt.. All I have to say is you need a bic for that 14ff! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. JK5

[ QUOTE ]
    And on the eat'n TOy remark... Shiiiiiittt.. All I have to say is you need a bic for that 14ff!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...that was last summer...at Wellsville..
    Next summer...we're gonna take a little different trail...
    With...44's...I'll be doin'alot of Yawning...
    more than last time.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Don't worry...I should have a winch in the front and rear!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Emmettology 101

I dont need no stinkin winch! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif *usually* LOL

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll be doin'alot of Yawning...
    more than last time..

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, my buddies tend to stop and BS alot. Next year we'll have to find the bigger and better rock trails!!!!!! My buddy Rob said he'd show us where the good trails are.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Ok, you said it. [ QUOTE ]
    Ok, flamesuit on.

[/ QUOTE ]

then you said [ QUOTE ]
    It will(overtime) receive: SAS, 4.3, 700r4, 35's, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not get an S10 with 4.3 and 700 and save the hassle? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. Emmettology 101

The Toy was basically free. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Plus the swaps are fairly easy on these... And Toys are cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I am now the proud owner of a 91 Toyota p/u! It will(overtime) receive: SAS, 4.3, 700r4, 35's, etc. Its goign to be my DD/weekend wheeler for a while once I get it on the road.. COOL BEANS!!!!

Ok, flamesuit on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are You changing Your user name to..Benedict Emmettology 101??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

LOL...don't sweat-it...after seeing MY k5...eat that TOY..
    You'll be workin'on Emmett!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

10. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Hehehe... halfway to the darkside huh?
    Sounds like its going to be all GM anyways... why not just plunk the Toy body onto the Blazer frame? Thats what Im lookin at. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Someday...

Mike

11. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Yeah, Toy's are cool. My '82 SR5 w/22R motor cracked at 200,000 miles, but that's the ONLY problem I ever had with it. I was not nice to that motor either, going 7-10,000 miles 'tween oil changes. It's been sitting in my driveway for over a year now 'till I can afford a new motor. Toyotas are the best vehicles on the road IMHO. But, Chevy trucks are the BADDEST on/off the road.

12. noJeepshere

noJeepshere I Drive Trains! Premium Member

hey dont go bashin yotas becuase theyre not GM. hell if i were to head to the dark side, itd be a yota id by. ive wheeled em both, and ifs toys are pretty capable campared to my k5. but my k5 fits me better(more headroom) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. Emmettology 101

It would be alot more work to go that route than to put in a 4.3 and a SAS.. The 4.3 swap, from what I read, is pretty easy and straight forward. As is the SAS? PLus so many people have done it so its easy to find info and help... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

very pimpy!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Toyotas are the best vehicles on the road IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Is that some kinda joke? My mom's Toyota is a year old and the dash lights, radio, and air conditioning all quit. Most god awful sounding engine I've ever heard, I've heard smoother running chain saws. Overall, the biggest piece of trash that her or anyone in my family have ever owned.

Overall, my customers seem to have similar results. Maybe old Toyotas or something, but the new ones are overpriced, under built pieces of trash IMO and aren't worth their weight in the steel they're made from.

16. JK5

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe old Toyotas or something, but the new ones are overpriced, under built pieces of trash IMO and aren't worth their weight in the steel they're made from.

[/ QUOTE ]

The old Toys do VERY well actually..
    My buddy Wild Bill has one...fitted with 39.5 TSL's... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

17. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe old Toyotas or something, but the new ones are overpriced, under built pieces of trash IMO and aren't worth their weight in the steel they're made from.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Toyotas have STEEL in them? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

18. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

toyota is one of the most well engineered vehicles, without a doubt. especially within similar price ranges. they might not be as asthetically pleasing to some people but to say any toyota truck is junk, you make yourself sound like a horses ass. Yes they are expensive though, but a LOT of people are willing to pay for it. Im trying to get into a tundra pretty quick here and ditch the tacoma ive been driving for the last 2 years..

mike

19. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

sounds like it will be a pretty cool yota /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have a friend that works for Toyota...so he drives their trucks for cheep. He is on his second tundra. It rides smooth and that is about all it has over my 72k5. It has way less power. We raced once when I had 36" tires and 3.73 gears...and I have a stock motor down to the cast iron intake! I was all the way past him before we got to the other side of the intersection. He also bent the frame doing less wheeling than I do (boxed frame my a$$...boxed sheet metal is more like it)...No thanks /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

If we are going to get into old Toys at least they do OK offroad when power isn't required. I have a friend that is on his 3rd 22r in 30k miles (and 3rd tranny as well)! And each part he replaces (there have been a bunch) costs about 2 times plus $50! He is looking at swapping in a Chevy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW: I don't care if people say that you can get 300k miles out of a 22r. You could put together 2 chevies that put out 4 times the power of a 22r for the same price..who cares if it only lasts 150k miles (which we all know they last longer than that).