Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OK, I got all my new HP parts ordered!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, Aug 1, 2001.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

OK, I ordered all my parts to do my engine upgrade! I'm pretty excited! (in case you couldn't tell)

I also got the a/c fixed (cost $134.00 and it is converted)

I am also getting new gears, going from 3.08 [​IMG] to 4.10's [​IMG]. that should give this thing a MAJOR kick in the butt!

Here is my parts list! [​IMG]

Crane Cam #114122 (5 deg. advanced for good bottum end)
    454 TBI (pound per hour - 75)
    Intake Manifold GM Performance #12496821
    Vortec Heads #14101083 (GM)
    Custom chip from fastcity.com
    gibson exhaust (catback)
    thorley headers

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

All of that ought to make one he!! of a diff in the performance.

3. ScoobyDann

ScoobyDann 1/2 ton status

El Paso, TX (Far West Texas near Las Cruses
    sweet! gonna make a new truck outta it but since you're doing this all at once you're not gonna have anything to do after it's done.

sun desert offroad http://community.webshots.com/user/scoobydann

4. solowookie

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

sweet! gonna make a new truck outta it but since you're doing this all at once you're not gonna have anything to do after it's done.

<hr></blockquote>

hey are you kidding??? how is there not going to be anything to do on a vehicle that is 12 years old??? LOL [​IMG]

actually after this then I start doing stereo system, save up for new seats (front and rear) with LCD's in the back of the rear. etc. you now how those lists just go on and on.

I gotta work in some other upgrades to my off-road k5 too.

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Jeff, you did the r134a conversion on the A/C? How did that go? How many cans did you use to fill it back up? Is it cold? I want to do this on my '85, but have been putting it off. I have had my driver side window down too often and now the headliner sags from the wind blowing on it all the time!!! [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

6. solowookie

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Jeff, you did the r134a conversion on the A/C? How did that go? How many cans did you use to fill it back up? Is it cold? I want to do this on my '85, but have been putting it off. I have had my driver side window down too often and now the headliner sags from the wind blowing on it all the time!!!

<hr></blockquote>

it cost me $134.50 to get the conversion done. They did everything including the following; doing the conversion, putting drive belt back on compressor, and wiring the a/c stuff back up.

when they tested the a/c it was 40 degree's at the vents! there are some ducts that are missing under the dash, and some vaccum lines in my head unit that still need adjusted. however, the a/c is working great!

even the compressors can be gotten new for under $200.00 for the k5's so it should be very reasonable.