Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ok i have a question... for the ladies of ck5

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Sep 18, 2003.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

ok i finally have a g/f again, weve been goin out for maybe a week now. and were goin out to dinner friday night. i can afford it but money is hella tight this month (im a broke colledge kid) so i was thinking that maybe i could make dinner for her. i can cook pretty well and i can get my mom to help, ill call her and figure out wat to cook and how to do so. but do you think she'd be impressed at all? or would she rather go out to a resturaunt?? cuz like i said i can take her to a resturaunt but nothin expensive (over $60 for the 2 of us).

and i kno all u guys are gonna flame me for this one but i need to know...

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I'd be more impressed with you cooking. But that is just me...

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I'm not a lady, but I know that she'll be impressed.

On another note, you've been going out for a week and she's already your girlfreind? Damn man, you move quick! Is the wedding next week?

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I made dinner for my girlfriend the other night with candles and fancy silverware. It was the best date we've ever had and I have been with her for 3 years. Plus the bedroom is just down the hall instead of across town.

Oh and I spent about 15 bucks at the grocery store, talk about more bang for your buck! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Good luck with your date /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. muddysub

well weve been hangin out a few months now its jus like the last 3 weeks weve kinda started something out of it.

so u guys think i should cook dinner? im not doin candles and fancy stuff but ill cook dinner and well rent some movies or somethin.

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

from personal experience, chicks dig a guy who can cook.
    i am a DAMN GOOD COOK. can i can back that up so therefore i will brag about it. besides, a guy as ugly as me HAS to have a few good points.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifGrant

7. muddysub

[ QUOTE ]
    besides, a guy as ugly as me HAS to have a few good points.

[/ QUOTE ] hahah i kno how u feel man.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    well weve been hangin out a few months now its jus like the last 3 weeks weve kinda started something out of it.

so u guys think i should cook dinner? im not doin candles and fancy stuff but ill cook dinner and well rent some movies or somethin.

[/ QUOTE ] Think Spegitti !! Just a thought.

9. Seventy4Blazer

[ QUOTE ]
    Think Spegitti !! Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

bad idea, and ill tell ya why. sketti is to easy. and easy to mess up the noodles. and MESSY. you want to cook something that LOOKS hard to make, but in all reality is EASY as hello to make.

i dont even use recipies. hell i cant even spell the dam word. so why use them. i look in the fridge or freezer and say i want that. then i look in the spice cabinate and say with that that that that and that. brown sugar is your friend.

red, green and yellow bell peppers cut into strips. cut up some hilshire farms kilbassa or other sausage heat it up with some spices, add some red wine, the peppers, some onions, mushrooms and lots of pepper with a bit og garlic. springkle a bit of brwn sugar on top of it, cover it and simmer it for a few min stirring it now and then.

rice, easy to cook. cant mess it up. if you use enough wine and sugar you will have a nice sauce for the rice, or you can add it all together.

some rolls or something prepackaged from the store, small glass of milk, glass of wine(same you cooked with) and a side of peas.

its a healthy well balanced meal and she should dig it.

this is one of MY FAVORITE meals to make. i can make it for less than 30 dollars(inexpensive wine(inexpensive does not mean cheap)) to feed 4 people(or leftovers!!!) and i can make it in 15 to 20 min.

maybe ill post up a few more.
    Grant

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

If you make Spaghetti you're showing her that you don't know how to cook, but you're willing to try... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I don't know if you can get decent fish in AZ, but if you can it's real easy to make and will probably impress her since it's kind of different. Get a light fish like Monk, rub it with olive oil then rub in lemon pepper and pressed garlic, wrap it up in tinfoil and toss it on the grill for about 30 minutes. It should come out real nice. Then either make a salad (not from a bag, buy the ingredients, salads are too easy not to make) or steam some veggies (fresh, not frozen) and make Rice-a-Roni rice pilaf. Everyone likes rice pilaf and it's real easy to make. The entire meal will take no longer than 30 minutes, after you toss the fish on the grill you can do everything else, by the time you finish with everything else then the fish will be done. It's not a fancy meal but it's hard to mess up and quick and easy to make. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Seventy4Blazer

i think seafood is bad. to many possible allergies. i doubt he knows her well enough to know of all if any allergies she may have.
    i dont doubt him at all, just saying.

i cooked a meal that took me 3 hours to make, only to find out the girl i was cooking for was alergic to garlic and onions. and they are in EVERYTHING i cook.
    Grant

12. ChevyCaGal

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't know if you can get decent fish in AZ, but if you can it's real easy to make and will probably impress her since it's kind of different. Get a light fish like Monk, rub it with olive oil then rub in lemon pepper and pressed garlic, wrap it up in tinfoil and toss it on the grill for about 30 minutes. It should come out real nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Salmon kicks butt too... little butter (not tons), lemon juice, lime juice, slat, pepper and dill.... wrap it in foil, grill it up.... it's da bomb! My favorite thing to eat right now... you can get a huge cut of it cheap at Sam's Club too. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

13. Seventy4Blazer

[ QUOTE ]

Salmon kicks butt too... little butter (not tons), lemon juice, lime juice, slat, pepper and dill.... wrap it in foil, grill it up.... it's da bomb! My favorite thing to eat right now... you can get a huge cut of it cheap at Sam's Club too. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you can do the exact some thing in a dishwasher.
    turns out GREAT. just make sure its double or tripple wrapped and on the top shelf. some people dont like to do dishes at the same time, but i do it.
    man, im making myself hungary...
    Grant

14. ChevyCaGal

I perfer to cook mine on my BBQ, and not in my dishwasher. WTF? I have never heard of anyone making dinner in the dishwasher... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I perfer to cook mine on my BBQ, and not in my dishwasher. WTF? I have never heard of anyone making dinner in the dishwasher... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the moisture of the dishwasher, help's break down the oil in the fish. especially if you use "Dawn" the grease fighter dishwasher soap. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. Seventy4Blazer

its good i tell ya. wrap it in foil,put it on "pots and pans" with "heated dry" and walk away. saves a BUNCH of time. comes out PERFECT EVERY time.
    Yeah, im nuts, but it works.
    Grant

17. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Two Words... Broiled Lobster.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Two Words... Broiled Lobster.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How do ya expect a broke college kid is going to be able to afford lobster, in Arizona??????????????

Now, if she ain't impressed with ya cooking for her, dump her. If she doesn't give ya the "job" for cooking her dinner, dump her............

19. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Think Spegitti !! Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

My friend and I were dating these girls and decided to cook them dinner. The only think we figured we couldnt screw up was spaghetti. Sooo since there were four of us, we figured 1 pound of spaghetti per person and maybe a littlemore for seconds. We made 5 lbs /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Had to start another pan with water because things were overflowing /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Also, we decided to add hamburger to the 2 cans of sauce we had (not nearly enough for 5 lbs) but didnt realize you had to cook it first. We just added it raw to the sauce and let it cook for an hour /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Suprised we ever saw them again

Actually, cooking a roast with potatos and carrots in the oven is pretty simple, smells good, and looks like you put a lot of effort in it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I don't know if you can get decent fish in AZ, but if you can it's real easy to make and will probably impress her since it's kind of different. Get a light fish like Monk, rub it with olive oil then rub in lemon pepper and pressed garlic, wrap it up in tinfoil and toss it on the grill for about 30 minutes. It should come out real nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer Salmon but I've been having a hard time finding good Salmon lately. Out of season I guess, everything that's out now is farm raised and has a bunch of red food coloring in it, it grosses me out. I like fresh wild caught fish. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif