Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ok I just read 8000 electric fan post, now here is my question...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakeslim, Mar 15, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

A few of you mentioned running both stock clutch fan and an electric as "booster" cooler fan when needed. Well how would you run both without actually blocking flow from the stock fan? I want to run both. Does anyone here actually run both or are they just "planning" to.

Also, I found a boat load of ford taurus's at the junkyard, but they were in 3.0L cars, not the 3.8L. They had three wires though....are they the same as the 3 wires from the 3.8?

thanks,
    Paul

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Ok, i saw a pic of the 3.0 vs the 3.8 fan and the blades are much different(looks and count) so that question is answered. But, how do you run both? or is that a bad idea.

ttt

3. chevystepside

chevystepside 1/2 ton status

i run both. the electric is mounted on the front of the rad. i havent had any problems with it.

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I had a secondary fan 12' diameter, mounted on the passenger/front side of my radiator and had it wired through a relay and connected to the trigger wire for the AC compressor, out here in AZ, with my truck i need all the cooling help i can get, the electric fan only turns on when the AC compressor turns on, which in the dead of summer here, rarely ever shuts off. Mainly just helps cool the condensor down, But anyways, when it is not on, it does move from the engine fan pulling air through it. I haven't had any problems with it restricting any air flow on there.

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Do you see a noticable drop in temps on/vs off? or is it always on. 2 or 3 speed. Sorry for all the ???, I really want to do this if it helps because hot summer drives are just around the corner /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ok, let me start by telling you that pusher fans (Grill side of radiator) are not as effecient as puller fans (engine side of radiator). I highly recommend the Flex-a-lite 210/220 puller fan. I use to have one on my other blazer along with the engine driven fan and it NEVER got hot. The 210 model has an adjustable thermostat and the 210 does not, thats the only difference between the two.

7. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Flex-a-lite 210/220 puller fan

[/ QUOTE ]

the prob is that I'm going for that $25 pick n pull price so aftermarket is out of the question...but would I be able to run the taurus fan along with the engine fan? If so, I will just toggle it and turn it on only when needed.