Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OK, I want a poll.......................GIMMIE VOTES !!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by uglychevyZZ4, Aug 11, 2003.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Come back and vote, and reply THERE if you have an opinion /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif FEEDBACK FORUM

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

ROTFLMAO /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif 50% of the votes are for I like to have sex with goats and drive pink jeeps /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

ya, those folks just suck in general /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

get ridda the damn thing or we're gonna have us a good ol' fashioned hangin party next time someone gets screwed outta the stuff...

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

although... that feature can come in handy if you make a post and then, when it's too late, realize it's completely stupid or makes you sound like you just made sweet, sweet love with your daddy's grand-daddy's sister's husband's goat (hey, you're not technically related)... If you figure it out soon enough and only a couple people read the post, you can change the post without everyone knowing it was edited... and then you can sound like an intelligent human being instead of a 200 year old goat-f***er, without the suspicions raised by seing the Edited note at the bottom...

Maybe the feature can just be removed from the for sale forums???

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe the feature can just be removed from the for sale forums???

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

Of course I have no idea of what it would take to do so, but you do have a valid point Rob. A lot of sellers do so on a first post/first shot system. A changed post not marked as edited can make things look a bunch different then they are.

OTOH if you're interested in something and the post hasn't been edited yet just copy it and 'quote' it in your reply of interest so that it can't be changed.

I have to admit to just using that feature though...but not to screw anyone out of anything.

Rene

7. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

There is still one dilemna. I have actually sent a PM to an individual in lieu of replying in the forum. Based on that, if someone were to just PM, noone would no that they had done that. It then just comes down to the honestly on the seller to do the right thing.

BOTTON LINE: Just do the right thing!!

/forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I see no problem with removing the check box for "marked as edited". Whats the big deal if anyone can see that you went back and edited something. I edit things all the time becouse a few keys on my keyboard tend to stick, and well, my spelling ya know. But I think if it'll stop the BS, take away the ability to "Sneak edit". If you edit, it should be known.

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There is still one dilemna. I have actually sent a PM to an individual in lieu of replying in the forum. Based on that, if someone were to just PM, noone would no that they had done that. It then just comes down to the honestly on the seller to do the right thing.

BOTTON LINE: Just do the right thing!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, If people are going to be dishonest I think they can continue to do that anyway. Which of course is really uncool. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I like the way everything is set up as it is. Just my personal opinion though. Sorry that happend to you Rob. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif