Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ok I want to build a 700r4 what are the things to ask ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ramjet gmc, Apr 19, 2002.

1. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Ok I want to build a 700r4 for the 350 ramjet what are some of the things to ask for example Kevlar bands and I remember someone wanted the same valveing for forward as reverse I also plan on using a 203/205 ODR setup to 4.56 ring and 36” tires and I am open to any good trany shops out there
    Thanks in advance /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Theres a post about that Rapter transmission that seems to be good. We got a local guy to rebuild my brothers and used the "700r4 wakeup kit" from them. It is servos that are stronger than the corvette ones. My brother has a 90 burb with stock motor and 4:56 gears and 36's. Almost your setup. After get it installed he said it shifts real firm. He is realy happy with his. Build up $735+ wake up kit$199=$934

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

There is a shop out in seattle, and I had them build mine and have had no problems/breakdowns what so ever. They are not cheap but then if you want cheap then you must like pulling trannys alot. Their builder has a late model camero that he built the trans on and that car runs in the low 11s, and he has had 2 engins blow. But the trans is still strong. My build with them finding a core, cost 2400 out the door. I told them I did not want to break so they did all the tricks. I also asked them about all the other performance built transmissions out there because those are half as much as him. He had a raptor built trans. on the bench they were re building after 1 week in a truck. The things he showed me on that sold me. So if you want a performance build that won't leave you stranded, let me know.

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Ask for a lifetime free replacement guarente/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I have been looking into this too. It seems that if you are going to spend about $2700 on a super "built" 700R4 then I would sooner go with Raptors Quadzilla ie... 4L80E. Check it out, seems to me the most bang for the buck. Plus its stand alone so no computer gremlins.