Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OK, I'm officially a dumbass, buried the Yukon

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blaze, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

OK, I\'m officially a dumbass, buried the Yukon

I was being stupind and took a backroad home because I knew it would have snow on it. Well, it didn't have snow, it had a 3-4" thick sheet of ice. I came around a corner at about 15 or 20mph and lost it, spun and sunk my right tires in the ditch. Not even locked front/rear and 33" All-terrains could get my Yukon out. I dug 4 big holes. It was so buried that I couldn't open the passenger side door and the frame was on the ground and the rims were completely under. I have a 2" lift and 33 tires, too. That sucker was BURIED! Luckily, my name is still on my dad's Allstate motor club plan. I was by my house, so I walked home and called and they came and towed me out. They had to tie the towtruck up to two trees to yank me out. It was unbelieveable. Once the snow melts, I'll go get pictures of the hole, it was about 3' deep! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Re: OK, I\'m officially a dumbass, buried the Yukon

I remeber I sunk my truck before I bought it, on a test drive (gah! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif), in a snow filled ditch, 3" Body and 32's and it was up to the body. The guy who pulled it out was amazed the truck was that tall.

Sounds rather annoying, but snow stucks arent as bad as other kinds

3. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

At least you got it pulled out and you didnt do any major damage to your truck. Cant wait to see pics. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

damn..i buried my truck like that once, but mine was probobly even worse, i couldnt open any doors, totally flooded my engine out and got about a foot of water in the cab ..(no more carpet for me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Well, it was a muddy ditch that I sank into. I'm surprised it didn't do any damage, the entire passenger side was sitting on the ditch.

My wife wouldn't let me take my camera. She said my punishment for being a dumbass was that I couldn't take my camera with me to show all my internet friends. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    [​IMG]

This is how it looked afterward, though. Just imagine this sitting almost on it's side in a ditch spinning all 4 tires with only 3" or tire viewable and the frame in the mud.

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

thats why i have a winch /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. fly_n_hi_yukon

fly_n_hi_yukon Registered Member

How are you locked front and rear? To my knowledge, nobody makes a locker for 1/2 ton IFS? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    How are you locked front and rear? To my knowledge, nobody makes a locker for 1/2 ton IFS? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They do now, they have for a few years.

9. fly_n_hi_yukon

Got a name of a company for me??? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I know lockrite makes a front lunch box locker for the S-10 IFS and the 3/4 ton IFS, but there was always a void at the 1/2 ton.

10. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I got no idea, it was like that when I got it. All I know is I dug 4 bigass holes when it was spinning.

Guess it probably isn't locked front/rear, more like posi'd front/rear. I guess, if that makes sense. :lol: All I know is I was diggin in good with all 4s! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

BTW, even if I had a winch I would have been fawked. The front bumper was on the ground and I was sinking fast. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

11. atlantak-5er

atlantak-5er 1/2 ton status

Who make the locker? I havent found one either. I can only get one for the rear of my 95 tahoe.

12. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

did this over the summer in the burb, then after hours of trying to go forward we gave up and went back ward.... then the tow truck was needed /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

few hunderd later I was good, then a day later sensors started going out, all and all over a few G's and the carpet still smells /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[​IMG]

13. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Damn, that was pretty bad, dude! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

My truck was so tilted on the passenger side that it was all I could do to climb in it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

oh, and don't try this too...landing is the hardest part /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[​IMG]

this also helped the $$$$ problems I had over the summer /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifI've done that with my S-10 Blazer before, I've learned my lesson not to do it with my nice truck. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

yea, i did that. broke the sway bar. cant wait to do it again /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. fly_n_hi_yukon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Note to self...don't try this again...

Water up to the trans hump. Nothing the RugDoctor couldn't take car of. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Where in the boro did this happen? If you would have known, you could have called me and I would have come and tried to give you a tug out. Even if it didnt work, it would havebeen fun. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Oh, btw, all 4 tires can spin and both diffs be open, if there is practiaclly no traction at any wheel. The rear probably has a gov lock, so that explains that, but the front just probably had no traction whatsoever. I know ive seen my brothers k5 spinning all 4 tires as fast as it could, with open diffs front an rear on a muddy hill at uwharrie.
    -Harrison