Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ok, I'm pissed right now

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 2, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I have to come back inside and calm down before I start saying not nice words outside.

I'm trying to put my plow mount on in the snow on the street... one bolt won't let me get a wrench on it in a tight spot no matter what... I spend 20 minutes screwing with that. I bolt the lower part on with one side higher than the other and have to redo that.

All the while the cell phone is ringing from various people, a friend is waiting for me to come replace a u-joint in a Suburban, another friend is waiting for me to bring him some locking hubs, I'm changing oil in the truck at the same time... so I can finish up the truck and go pick up my trailer tires and drop off some headers.

Then the new dog gets out of the gate and if you say "come" he runs away thinking it's a game. So I'm getting pretty upset by now and let him run down the middle of the street concentrating on the plow mount.

Then the phone rings again. A guy is calling on my parts ad, on the TH350 tranny. I listed it as a "Good TH350 4x4 tranny with NP203 fulltimeT-case". He asks me if it will fit in a '95 Impala. :mad:

Ok... so I'm quite up front and say "I listed in my ad that I had a TH350 4x4 transmission with a transfer case for sale". He's like, "So you don't think it will fit in a '95 Impala". I'm fed up with everything by now and say no. Then try calling the dog again who runs away further, then come in here and rant about it before I start throwing tools in the street.

I am supposed to be an hour and a half away picking up a rolling truck frame at 3:30, but my trailer has a K5 on it, two tires off, and it snowed today and all the roads are slick and icy, and I'm not looking forward to towing the trailer in these conditions again.

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

that almost sounded like a segment of any particular day around me!
    the good news? at least your not bleeding from anywhere. :D

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Your pain is our entertainment so there is a positive side :D:eek1::D

4. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

that's the way Wed. and Thurs. were for me at work. I had to leave early Wed. b/c I was afraid I was going to start being really "unpleasant" to those I work with.

5. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I can't stop laughing about the dog thing - he is running around happier than a pig in sh1t and you have REDRUM on your mind. Got that image stuck in my head :D

I pity the next tranny call :eek1::eek1:

:haha:

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

are you sure it wont fit in the 95?

7. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

How about a 94 1/2? :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Been there...

I can understand your frustration..I'd have unplugged the phone,gone back into the house and sat next to the pellet stove for awhile,and said F*** the plow!.you have too many irons in the fire at once!..I dont miss the phone in my shop since the wires screwed up and it doesn't work now--only when I want to call out for something..I'd like a "one way phone"--so I could call out,but no incoming calls to bother me.. :D

Its supposed to snow 1-3" sunday,and a possibility of a bigger storm here tuesday..I'm looking forward to snow about as much as being shot at sunrise..my 82 K20's plow frame is welded to the truck,a "custom built" one a former owner made up..but the blade is still in the woods where I left it last spring.. :mad: --its not a big deal to hook up,but I know the "quick dissconnects" on the hoses,and lining up the pins will be a PITA..and of course I haven't fixed anything the truck needs,like a rebuilt master cylinder--ought to be fun driving it with only front brakes in the snow...and the tranny and oil cooler lines are both POS... :doah: :mad:

Cold and snow sucks..I hate it!..worse yet,the plow setup and my C-10 are on the lawn with for sale signs right where any snow has to be plowed..now I'll have to move both,and nobody will see or buy them once they are moved--only place I can put them is far from the street,and they will be "plowed in" once the first storms snow is moved... :( --wish at least the plow setup would sell--its a ball busting job moving it around with the whole frame setup attached!..had to use my trucks plow lift,with the blade facing the front of the truck!--and even then it isn't easy..

I should have sold everything sooner and oved to a warmer climate.. :(

9. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

hey it could always be worse, at least you didnt get in another car accident today like I did. I dont understand it, i went from having a perfect driving record with no accidents to having 2 at fault accidents in a little over 2 weeks, and a broken t-case in your buggy that you just finished, and you have to get rid of your new truck because you can't afford it next semester since you will be taking too many classes to work and make the money you need to make the truck payment every month. :doah:

10. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

So, turn off the phone, shoot the dog, and get your stuff Done!!!! FOCUS, GRASSHOPPER, FOCUS!!!!!!!!!

11. mountainexplorer

Ok, I was just having a bad couple hours after I came back from helping at the school.

I'm over it now. Dog came back. Plow mount is on. Locking hubs got dropped off. I helped put the Suburban driveline in. And I bought another parts truck with money I'm supposed to put towards bills; which I now have to go pick up when the roads clear. For now as soon as my feet thaw out, I have to bring a battery to a friend so we can fire up and time his truck, and then I'll start thinking about getting ready for tomorrow.

Tomorrow, besided going up and picking up my plow, I get to go with a local club on their snow run. So I'll try and relax for a day and take video and pictures for them.

Then I can come home, finish working on a '77 K5, figure out what I'm going to do with a 25ft motorhome in my driveway stranded here until the roads are bare, get vending machines ready for placement, and put tires back on my trailer so I can go drop off an '80 Jimmy in Moses Lake, Wa. on my way to Bend, Or. to pick up a truck.

12. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

man,you are a busy person. :eek1: dogs always seem to ad a new dimension to problems don't they? :laugh:

13. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

you dont have a dog daryl you have gotti the distroyer!

14. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

sounds like you're wayyyy too busy. dont schedule so many things all at once.

15. mountainexplorer

Can't really help it. These are all the things that come up and have to be done now, or have already been put off too long, or have to be done by a certain time.

Right now I should be outside working on things, but the garage is full of vending machines, the driveway is blocked with vehicles I can't move since the weather froze and killed all my batteries, some of which I am trying to recharge right now, and it's dark on the street and kind of cold, and I've already been cold the last 2 days.

Last night was interesting. Had the heater in the motorhome cranked up full and I layed down in my insulated coveralls until I was so uncomfortable I had to take those off, but still slept with a hat on. I could breathe directly in front of the heater within 1.5 feet and see my breath. I can handle the cold better than extreme heat... not really complaining about me being warm enough, but it was a pain when I spent all morning trying to start the diesel, and everything else up there is frozen in place and won't move or start.

At the rate I'm going, I'll be ready for this winter by next August.