Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ok $ is a factor these days

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **b**, Aug 25, 2004.

1. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

sorry to beat this to death, but here goes and for the most part this is what its all about, this is why we are here so i know that not too long ago i posted "flowmaster on a Y" kinda a duh question i know (just go to flowmaster site and point and click) i know! i found the link after i posted. but i can not afford $350 + shipping... so how a bout a glass pack??? whats the deal with these things? i have heard or them but have not run them as of yet can i use
    >cat back< stock flange to fit it????
    project k5 continues.... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

I've run cherry bombs (cost me like $15 apiece!) and sawed off the exhaust past the cat and clamped em in. I read in Sept Four Wheeler mag, and they have a page write up on pieces they got from JCWhitney...they got 2 90* tubes, 1 180* tube, 2 glasspacks, clamps and hangers for $111. They cut off cat back and clamped em in (but recommended welding). The cherry bombs I had were freakin loud! wake the neighborhood loud! sounded good though! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I would do it right and use some sort of turbo style muffler. I know some of the areas I wheel require spark arrester mufflers which glasspacks are not - supposedely you can start a forest fire with them. They do sound alright, but to me they are the fart can muffler equivilent for our trucks.

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I run the cheapest 2.5 inch muffle Autozonr had and some turns, maybe $60 bucks, sounds decent, not too loud, keeps some pressure, arrests sparks, gets the job done

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

What exactly are you trying to do?

If you want cheap exhaust, you won't be using flowmaster. Don't rule out going to an exhuast shop either. They may be able to cut bend and weld something up for less money than you can buy the parts for. You might want to just pick up your own muffler(s) first.

For $350, I could buy a pair of Flowmasters and pay a shop for a complete dual exhaust system based around them. IMO "Cat-Back" systems are generally just a name that makes a muffler and two tail pipes cost more money.