Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ok I've gone stupid again....how do I take the lights switch out?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LKJR, May 13, 2002.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Ok I\'ve gone stupid again....how do I take the lights switch out?

title says it all I'm trying to remove my dash bezel to check my fuel gauge to diagnose a problem and I can't remember how to get the stinkin light switch piece out of the actual switch.

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Ok I\'ve gone stupid again....how do I take the lights switch out?

Pull the rod out to the headlights on position then there's a button on the switch body you push in and the rod will come out of the body. To replace just push it back in.

3. 1Blazin71

1Blazin71 1/2 ton status

Didnt know you cold remove the rod & knob from the switch...but I was able to get the entire switch assy off the bezel by removing a prong/tab on the back of the bezel that rides in a slot in the switch body and compresses it against the bezel.

This prong/tab doodad was at the 12o'clock position on the backside of the bezel. Had to reach way up in there to push it off. It's fun getting is back on too.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

As always.....once you have a headlight switch in your hands it will be obvious how they come out!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Seriously though, there IS a release button that will allow you to pull the knob and shaft out of the switch assy. If you are trying to get the dash bezel off, that should be all you need to do. The switch can stay bolted in to the metal part of the dash behind it.

5. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

thanks guys, I've done this before on my previous 72 but it's been awhile and I couldn't remember.