Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ok need a little feedback on Master cyl. install

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BILLY RAY, Nov 12, 2003.

1. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Ok! The pedel is starting to get a little soft and think I will just go ahead and install a new master cyl. I have a Dana 60 up front and a 14 bolt in the rear with the caddy caliper set up. What master cyl. do you guys think I should go with just a stock same year 1985 or is there some other set up out there to give me a better pedel feel and maybe push more fluid to the rear brakes? Any feedback would help THANKS!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Just a stocker replacement will do just fine unless you want to convert to hydroboost /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Some of the hot rod guys that go four wheel disc get the master cylinder from a early/mid seventies 'vette, since it came w/ discs on all four corners. Has a higher volume to the rear. Worth considering.

John

4. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

Can't help with the brakes.

Did the 56" springs work out for you?
    I was after the UPS people twice a week for a while and never got any answers or money. Ijust gave up after a while.

5. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

The springs are one and I think are ok just need to wheel them to see how it is going to work out. I do know they sure are stiff right now but not for long. I will call the UPS people and find out what the heck is going on because i know I would like to have some of that shipping money back. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I was told by a little bird the old 76 1-ton trucks still used a vac. set up and not a hydo-boost and the master cyl. from it would be a good up grade because it pushs more fluid and will also firm up the pedel. How about any feed back on this???????? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

7. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Some of the hot rod guys that go four wheel disc get the master cylinder from a early/mid seventies 'vette, since it came w/ discs on all four corners. Has a higher volume to the rear. Worth considering.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, Stepped bore m/c's didn't come along until much later than that. That m/c won't have the RPV though, and that's a good thing for rear discs, even though some systems seem to be fine with an RPV in the line.

8. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Cut holes in the floor and use your feet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

OK! so are you going to be Fred, Barney or maybe even Wilma /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I will be BAM BAM!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif