Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ok, now I got the brakes working then a steel braided line blows! wtf!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Aug 25, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

This is gettin really old, I got steel braided lines so they would work, but now I have wasted $$, I am starting to think that the whole stopping thing isn't ment for me /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

replaced, master cylender, power booster, rear/front lines, rebuilt and cleaned the proportioning valve, and replaced the main hard lines and break switch, not to mention wiring up the toyota lights /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

And finally when I get linesthey take
    A BIG POOPIE /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

ok, off to a 24 hour AutoZone, I start college in 6 hours so I need to fix this or I am walkin 10 miles in 110 degree weather /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

shawn... better that line blew now than when you were approaching a railroad crossing with a hi speed amtrak train coming by...obviously the manufacturer will replace it right?
    I really like the toyo taillights... can you tell me how you did it and how well they fit.. (pic isnt a closeup so I couldnt tell) could you IM me and let me know?
    thanks
    cam
    abstractmetal@earthlink.net

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Are you sure that your brake lines are long enough to deal with all the suspension droop that took place during your "Dukes Of Hazzard" adventure? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif You might have damaged a line then if it became a suspension limit strap during your flight. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

turns out the break line was damaged by heat when I welded my battery box to the frame, I will try to rep-lace them today, /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Yes I am glad I found it out now and not the hard way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif