Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ok Pacific Northwest K5ers

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by BlueKnight, Apr 16, 2002.

1. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Im looking for every area that can be driven legally in Oregon and Washington. I know there are more out there than what is listed on oohva. Please let me know

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

shotgun creek, winchester bay, coos bay , florence and "The Mines"
    The mines are located outside Cottage Grove OR. in the mining town of Bohemia that was running at the turn of the century, some good trails up there..but if you get too many people you get to spead out. I went from Cottage Grove down to Steamboat..2 hours on the freeway, but we went 10 MPH on the trail instead,LOL. From the fire tower up there you can see Mt. Hood. The Sisters, Mt Shasta, and the
    Coastal Range. Although with a bunch of the mines being opened back up for mining, small groups only and you need a local or a mining club member to show you around.

3. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

try <a target="_blank" href=http://www.outdoorwire.com/4x4/trail/report/wa/index.htm?>http://www.outdoorwire.com/4x4/trail/report/wa/index.htm?</a> there is the manashtash area that can be accessed from the I-90 side or the hwy 410 side, there is the naches trail that goes over the same area, there is the little naches, then there is ridgeline? i think that is what it is called, behind rimrock lake, the mt clemens area has a lot of trails, if you get a metskers county map of the county you want they show all the trails, happy wheelin

4. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

i forgot to mention that there is a write up on this board about a trail in eastern oregon that goes from the california border to the columbia river, real interesting, not hard core wheelin but would be a fun trip by 4x4

5. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

what is up with Shotgun Creek Im getting more info about it being closed now

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Theres only one area of it open..it's called "the bowl" it's just that..a big bowl. there is a rock garden out there now.

7. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status