Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ok please don't shoot me.

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by darkshadow, Sep 25, 2004.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

ok please don\'t shoot me.

i hate these questions as much as you but.....

ian (eventualy) getting some 16.5 hummer beadlocks from a member, as soon as we can figuer a way for me to get them.
    and i figuer the best/cheapest bet is the used hummer 36 12.50 over on boyce.
    i will be installing a 4" lift spring in the front and makeing my own flip in the rear, but after the rims tire i will be luck to eat. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

if i cut the front of the front fender below the signal light and bring the rear right to the fire wall. And the trim and bob the rear. do you think they will fit for now?

i would worry about articulation but its a stock 32/4 ton sub its a tank it had NO articulation! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

and dose any one know wher to get cheap 16.5 radials? or are the bias ply realy not that bad?

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Re: ok please don\'t shoot me.

I did that same trim job with 38.5" tsl's on hummer beadlocks ... except its a K5 and there is still plenty of room for flex.

3. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have the 37" HUMMV tires on my burb. All that was trimed was the back of the front fender from when I put on my 35". If you go near mud, DO NOT get the goodyear MTs they seriously suck. I bought mine for $120 for 5 and almost want my money back. TSLs have the most selection for 16.5 rims /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

thanks for the coments guys i figgured, the clearance wouldent be a problem.

dose any one on the site run the the tires from boyce?
    [​IMG]

5. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

Are you sure you want those slicks. My brother was so cheap he bought a used set of 36x12.50x16.5 goodyear hummer tires for his 1 ton crew cab srw. You could'nt go over 5 mph without shaking all over the road. IMHO I would not buy used hummer tires to drive on the road. They don't look too safe for me.

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

well i am not cheap but i don't have any money /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

i whent for the 16.5 rims because i thought i could get tires for cheap. any other experiance with the tires?

7. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I ran a new set of those Bias tires with no more problems than get from my Super Swampers. They just flat spot over night.

Where do you live?

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

they flat spot OVER NIGHT!?!?!?!? over night i thought mabey i i leave them sitting a week or something that they would flat spot holy crap.

i live in southeren ontario canada. and this is my daily driver, i do mild wheeling, but want to build it up to do what ever i want,(not too much rocks, but i will be making sliders just in case i run across a few)

I am shelling out big money on rims well its big when you dont got much with a child on the way.... so that i could get some good off road tire for fairly cheap /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

9. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

oh yeah they'll flatspot over night, the first few miles are bumpy but after they warm up theyre ok.
    i had 4" springs and 36" TSLs and did some minor cutting and they fit fine. the rear end you wont have to touch. just the fronts. check out my webshots in my sig for pics of my fender job.