Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ok, since where talking safty equipment, I need a respirator

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Dec 23, 2003.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I've been doing more painting lately and I'm thinking about spraying my own bedliner and I also have two sandblasters.
    Anyone else use a respirator? Something fairly cheap, comfortable, possibly even a full hood type?

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Damn, if you need that much protection for spraying, I should ask my supply sergeant if i can take a protective mask home. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

hehe, just good habits from way back for me, plus dad working for 3M helps. i've painted over a thousand cars over the years and nearly 500 boats now, so i've needed the good protection.

that mobile one with the battery pack is cool. i use that one for gel-planing and sanding the bottoms on boats... my air supplied one is actually the version from about 1985, still works great tho...

actually for moderate exposures, a dust mask with vapor protection (slightly gray looking)would get most peeps by for rattle can action...

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

im the resperator guy at my work. RPPM to be exact. anywho, if you need a cartridge style setup half or full face 3m is the way to go. matter of fact, 3m is the way to go ethier way. you can buy the adaptor kit for both the half and full face mask using the new cam lock filters they have. its just hoses so you can run supplied air from a rhine air setup or something simmilar.

www.rhineair.com
    www.3m.com

i recomend the 5200 and 7200 series masks.
    Grant

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

3M makes some nice ones, so does North. I've used both in 1/2 face and both in full face. I like the North better, its all about personal preferance, buy the one you will use.

7. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I'm really just going to use it a couple times. I'm spraying bedliner a couple times in inclosed areas (inside the blazer). I'm also do a little bit of air brushing and touchup paint in the garage. I ended up buying a half mask and a set of sealed googles (I wanted the googles for working under the plow truck, I get rust in my eyes everytime!).
    [​IMG]
    AOSafety 5700 half mask and mesh vented googles where about $25 at the tractor supply /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif