Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ok.... so I'm not the yellow crayon.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SoulTang, Feb 6, 2007.

1. SoulTang

SoulTang Newbie

I have a 1989 GMC suburban and have just had the transmission rebuilt. It had no reverse .... thats fixed and we/I adjusted the TV cable like people here in the forums have suggested... when I do the adjustment it works for like 2 trips to werk and then it starts runnin till like 4000 rpm then it will shift hard. this is at like 1/8 to 1/4 throttle. I am just an idiot i suppose... I mean i just cant figure this one out. Would there be anyone in the colorado springs area that could help me out with adjusting this ?

thanks Rich

2. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Could it be just a modulator hose leak, or a modulator malfunction?

3. SoulTang

SoulTang Newbie

I'm not exactly sure what the modulator is ... the trans is a th700 .. only has one cable.... And I forgot to mention the TV cable is brand new.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

No modulator.

The locking mechanism on the cable working right?

5. SoulTang

SoulTang Newbie

Well the cable is brand new. Thats what i forgot to put in the original post ! grrrr i knew I forgot something.

6. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Just to clarify, contrary to what many may say, it is not an adjustment.. Your are "setting" the tv..

press the "D" button in, pull cable sheath all the way towards firewall, release the "D" button... manually operate the throttle to WOT.. you should hear the cable click out a few clicks.. the cable is now set...

http://www.tvmadeez.com/article/index.php

7. SoulTang

SoulTang Newbie

Yes rgr that .. I am setting the tv cable ... not adjusting it. It works great for like a couple days and slowly starts to increase the rpm at witch it shifts. Eventualy it shifts from 1st at like 4000 rpm. but if i set it as decribed here ... then it works fine for like 2 trips to work. I believe I have full open throttle as the plate is all the way open when I put the acc pedal to the floor. Dosent look like anyone has messed with the plate that the throttle cable and the TV cable are attached to at the throttle-body. Its actualy a very easy setting procedure... thats what has me baffeled .. its like it just "works" out of adjustment ... if that makes sence.