Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ok, Southeast K5'ers.. When and where?????

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by ftn96, Mar 11, 2002.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Ok, Southeast K5\'ers.. When and where?????

Lets get it together. Grim, Hotrod, Dep, ME /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif, bigjbear, jamiemac, mudstud, Yield.......... Where and when are we gonna meet this year? Tell-a-ho, Ooops I mean Tellico, Wheelin in the Country, Mt Eagle or what? we need to start getting some dates together so everyone can make arrangments. End of April first part of May or what? I rather hit Tellico when its not rainy season though. But any who!!!!!!!
    Hello, wake up!!!!! Let sget this ball rolling! Im game for same time last year that you Georgia girls went to Telly! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    The Tn , wheelin in the country is ok. But I dont think all you that would have to drive any distance to get here that have been to Tellico would find it to be worth while other than the pleasure of getting to meet me! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Im gonna quit now while Im ahead. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Re: Ok, Southeast K5\'ers.. When and where?????

i agree, we need to get something together because i have this PHAT warn winch on the front now and there is nothing around here close that is hard enough to have to use it. i will be trailering this year, so i can drive hard and maybe i can put some of these spare 44 shafts to use!!/forums/images/icons/cool.gif/forums/images/icons/cool.gif lets hear from the rest of ya southern boyz!!

later rob

3. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

as soon as i get a floorboard into mine, i am ready to wheel. hopefully by mid may it will be done and i am going to tellice, maybe i should put in a locker first and get a whinch too.

4. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

Let me know when and where. I would really like to meet some people and Tellico sound good to me.
    Now that the K5 finally moves,I just need to get it lifted.

5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

It is just as much fun to build it as it is to bash it

<hr></blockquote>
    Most of the time! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Let me know what dates yall come up with I will try to make it. But I am leavin for he month of apr but may is pretty much open. June I leave for overseas for six months so I would to get together bsometime in may before we take off.

7. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Ok, so Im not getting as much input here as I thought.
    But from the looks of it, sounds like first 2 weeks of May is the most common available time. Can we start narrowing it down a bit? And where the hell are the rest of you guys?

8. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

The second weekend in May or one of the last two weekends in April work for me. The rest of May is out for me. Anyone else have input?

9. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

The beginning of May sounds fine by me. You know I'm a little skitish about driving my ride clear over to tellico but if that's where people wanna go then maybe I could bum a ride. ftn...hint hint. I know Land Between the Lakes is pretty far for some of you guys but may as well throw it out there. I was just at Monteagle and that place is killer, but it is all private land. A good first place to start asking permission to ride would be at www.tennesseeoffroad.com and talk/email Todd Lewis. I have phone numbers to the SFWDA board members if you deem it nessesary to talk to them. I think about all of the trails in Monteagle are rated at 3- 3.5 up to 5 plus. If it rains all trail levels go up at least by one. When I was there it seemed like if you weren't locked AT LEAST in the rear you were gonna be winching a lot. They say 35 plus tires and 2 lockers are ideal-oh, and a winch.

I had called U-Haul awhile back and inquired about renting a truck and trailer but dude said they don't have a trailor wide enough for a full size. I think I'm gonna look into borrowing a trailer and renting a truck. My wife is gonna kill me!

10. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Getting into Mont Eagle might be a problem. Most of that is private land. The few weekends it would be available in the spring there are BIG events happening. You got to know somebody to ride there. It's also coming up on Turkey season so the place will be unavailable durring that time.
    Tellico sounds good but we need to plan ahead and pick a weekend soon and find camping and such. Rumor is there is an event planned almost every weekend through July. More camping available atleast. There is a new 4x4 camground that we might check into. They opend last summer and cater to 4x4's. THey have a 2 bay shop that you can use if you bust stuff. Down side is the place they stayed last year I can garantee will be much quieter. I'll try to get the nember of the 4x4 campground. I forget the name. It was on the same road where the Dixie run camping was.

11. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Grim, you are thinking of Crawford's Camp. You can reach Steve or Gail Crawford at 828-837-9077 or e-mail them at crawfordcamp@webworkz.com I had one of their cards in my folder.

12. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yep that was the place! Thanks BigJBear

13. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Grim, you heard from Glen lately? Wonder whats up with his agenda for Tellico? Doesn't look like we are really any closer than we were before.
    So it looks like its still up for grabs. Coem peeps break out Day-planner, knowck the dust off and pick some dates.
    So take your pick from the weekends below. There are no major holidays for these weekends. IF I CANT DO IT FIRST, Can somebody please cross reference these dates with any events at Tellico and see which would be the best?

Apr 26-28
    May 3-5
    May 17-19
    May 24-26

14. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

Actually the weekend of may 24-26 leads up to Memorial Day May 27.
    Any of those dates would work for me, but I don't know how ready my K5 will be in April.

15. muddevils

muddevils Registered Member

i didn't know if anyone saw on here before or not, but our club MUD DEVILS is going to be at TELLICO the 8th thru the 12th of May, i think that is mothers day weekend but that's the only time we all had free (SORRY MOM'S). we will have 9 or 10 trucks there and it would be nice to see you guys there. we are camping at the state line camp sites on the TN. side of the park. well, hope to see some of you all there so we can romp ass thru the trails. see ya on the rocks.

16. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Well, you all can always still come to Tn and we could do a trip at Summertown 1 day and then go to Land Between The lakes the next or Big South Fork. Sorta like a little traveling circus or something. This all to avoid the big crowds. Summertown is supposed to be a killer place, but what I have seen compar4ed to what you all have said about Tellico makes me beleive that Summertown wouldn't be challenging enough for you guys. But what I have seen is not the "supposedly" hardest stuff out there. So from what I've seen of the complex as far as hosting all of us at one time....Its perfect!!! Even got a rock pile for all you frame "hi-centered" axle breakers! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif....

17. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I wanted to make Tellico this yr, but I hadnt planned on wanting to sell my rig. I am back to reality and am keeping it, but I have lost a few months work time on it now. If theres one in the fall maybe Ill make a run up, but summer is out for me. Besides every weekend listed I have plans for already. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

18. 77TNK5

77TNK5 Newbie

Re: Ok, Southeast K5\'ers.. When and where????? *DELETED*

Post deleted by 77TNK5

19. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Hey 77TN, where you at in TN? Im in Nashville adn have attended one MTTR meeting, working on the other 2 and some trail rides.

20. 77TNK5

77TNK5 Newbie

Hey Man, how was New Mexico? you have talked to me before, Lewisburg blazer, In the Navy I was. MTTR meeting 3/28/02 at Crockett's in Manchester- bring some visitors if you can, the discussion for TOR Roundup, mud bog and rock challenge will be finalized then. also a couple of us are planning a ride and campout in Coppenger Cove just outside of Monteagle for april 6th if you are interested. M.B.

PRIMER GRAY IS MY COLOR