Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ok the RAT is in<<PICS>>>

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Burt4x4, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The pics are kinda dark...you can see the 73up crossmember and ORD engine mounts...what a PainInTheAss...I'll tell you all more tomorrow...time for bed /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

ouch /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Now we will need a sound bite when you fire it up.

4. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Awesome! So, looks like no firewall problems? If so, that is great. Can't wait to hear the details. Get a pic of each valve cover and the firewall so I can see your clearance.

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I'll See what I can do about a sound bite, maby a short vid taking off down the street
    [​IMG]
    The problem with painting everything black it makes for crappy photos..
    this one shows the crossmember a bit better. It was a wrestling match to get everything lined up but after 5hrs I got it in. The 73+ Xmember uses two of the orginal holes, the artical never said wich two /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif so after mesuring and eyeballing I found the two /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif
    Oh and the firewall I did need to bang on a lil bit, drivers side, but not too much. I actuall banged it more than I needed and originally banged it too low on the firewall /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif oh well, black paint hides everything /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Burt

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya I took pics but the darkness hides it...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one you can see were the paint is messed up. This was the second bang bang I needed on the drivers side only. The pass side was clear... I can try and get lighter pics in the daytime /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Ok Burt jealousy is starting to rage here /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif but seriously it looks great. I too was thinking of using a later crossmember since I have one sitting in my parts truck. I think that when you're all done you need to do a HOW TO write up on this /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif It might save me from pulling out what little hair I have left /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Thanks, Doug

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahaha don't hate me cuz it's beautiful hahahaa /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Ya I will have to get a pic of the famous Two Bolts that are used as a starting point for that Xmember. Once thoes are in then it's a matter of twisitng pulling pushing yanking swareing to get the engine mounts lined up to the frame horns.

I started by mounting the engine to the bell and the two bolts on each frame horn, then slid in the engine mounts one bolt at a time. I had to drill,hmmmm 7 new holes in the frame. Oh and I upgrade the size of bolt used to mount the Xmember &amp; horns to the frame to 7/16(5/8 head) so I had to enlarge the two original holes. Other than tap tap on the firewall that is realy all I needed to do /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

yeah 2 of the bolts line up.when i did mine i used a rattle can with white paint to spray over the existing holes in crossmember, that showed me where to drill without cross member in the way! yes the ORD mounts are a little tricky. try putting them in with front sheetmetal and headers on! burt while you still have the motor so you can pull it out make sure you can get the valvecovers off with motor in truck sounds funny but it aint /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gifalso do you ever plan on using taller valve covers? nows the time to make em fit! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya I was looking at that after I showered up last night..then my wife started hallerin for me to tuck the kids into bed so I didn't mess with taking the covers off yet, but I will. Looks like they should come off OK. No I don't plan on changing anything on this RAT..not in the near future anyway. So what you see is what it will be /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Thanks for the tip /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the pics! Just blows me away why I had to make such big mods to get my bb to fit /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

How soon do you expect til you get to fire it up? Your answer will, of course, help determine if I need to take some time off from work cause you know I want to fire mine before you do /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

12. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I know? Maby back then each automotive plant had slight differences in the parts used to assemble the cars and trucks? Maby standards were a lil ruff back then?

Fire up time/day? I don't know? the hard part is over now all the lil stuff, ALLOT of lil stuff to do so I am hopeing to have it running by mid November /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I hope!! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll See what I can do about a sound bite, maby a short vid taking off down the street

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were closer, I'd donate a set of tires for the maiden voyage. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

(Of course if you were closer, i'd be more tempted to come over a drool all over the intake /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

14. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

M.P.F.I. envy /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

15. ericguy320

ericguy320 Registered Member

zeppelin poster on the wall and a big block in the blazer /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    zeppelin poster on the wall and a big block in the blazer /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    And under the Zeppelin baner is a Keg-A-Rator /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    hahahaha

17. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    And under the Zeppelin baner is a Keg-A-Rator /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    hahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

nice /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif