Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OK, This may be astupid question...but...

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by BlazerWheels, Dec 5, 2003.

1. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

Would putting zero rates on all four corners, be a good cost effective way at getting a little bit of lift (I know 1") at an inexpensive price??? Eventually I want to add 2.5" or 3" spring lift (then I would total 3.5 or 4), but for now I have very little $$$$ and need to WEEN my wife into the idea anyway...So what do you think?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Yep, you can do that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i have zero rates on all 4 corners. handy way to get a lil extra lift without stiffer spring packs. They let you easily relocate axles as well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

It's either the zero rates or a 1" body lift. I prefer the body lift, it makes everything under the truck easier to work on if nothing else. I now have one on everything I own.

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I prefer the body lift, it makes everything under the truck easier to work on if nothing else. I now have one on everything I own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that. It's a LOT easier to get around things. I was having a bad plug wire issue for a while, but it was a piece of cake to get to them, they were right through the wheel well /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For the hassle of either tearing apart my spring packs or lifting the body a little, I'd lift the body. Combined with a new set of body bushings and you'll be golden.

6. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

"Tearing apart" the spring packs really isn't that hard. Use C-clamps to hold them together, take old pins out, put new pins in and bolt add-a-leaves on. Easy. Took me about 10 minutes per spring, but I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing...

7. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    "Tearing apart" the spring packs really isn't that hard. Use C-clamps to hold them together, take old pins out, put new pins in and bolt add-a-leaves on. Easy. Took me about 10 minutes per spring, but I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing...

[/ QUOTE ]

That part is easy, the part that gets me is the U-bolts and getting the old pin out. Never fails, my old pin will have to be ground or cut out. I've gotten faster, I just cut the u bolts off now. Don't even bother trying to take them off.