Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ok this one goes out to all of you with a wife or your same sex partners

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ramjet gmc, Mar 10, 2004.

1. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Ok this one goes out to all of you with a wife or your same sex partners /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif but this is the big question.

What do you do when you want to go out wheeling and they are not in to the sport and is money ever a problem ( this can get expensive quick)

any proplem with young kids going and what age is ok to start ?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What do you do when you want to go out wheeling [ QUOTE ]

I severely kill myself with a rusty nail each time..............

Seriously, I preplan. I'm not much into impromptu stuff right now, so if there's a run or event I know of months down the road, then we preplan everything.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    My daughter was 8 months old the first time we strapped her into a car seat for an entire week of 4-wheeling. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Both her and her younger brother love to go wheelin'. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I took my kids out wheeling before they were born.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gifMaybe that's why my wife doesn't like to go with me anymore.

It's tought to find the cash for parts and stuff when your rasing a family, but my wife is understanding and as long as I keep her van running I get what I need (not always what I want) for my rig too.

She's not a fan of suprise weekend jaunts so I always have to plan waaaaaaaaay in advance for any kind of wheeling adventure too. It helps to keep her happy and then I get to take a couple of the kids with me once and awhile too.

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    or your same sex partners /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I doubt that anybody with that lifestyle is on this site. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    or your same sex partners /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I doubt that anybody with that lifestyle is on this site. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Are you so sure /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif? Have you done a poll lately /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif? There might be a rainbow here somewhere /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif!
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Not here though! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    Bill

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Re: Ok this one goes out to all of you with a wife or your same sex partner

Well, I know I personally have seen more gay off roaders than black off roaders

8. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, I know I personally have seen more gay off roaders than black off roaders

[/ QUOTE ]
    How about Gay Black off-roader? Or Gay Asian,Mexican,Itialian,German,British........Ah the heck with it just GAY!
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Bill

9. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just teasing you guys --- and no thread jacking /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    just teasing...guys...and...jacking

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hey! what you do on your own time is your own damn business! I couldn't resist... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok this one goes out to all of you with a wife or your same sex partners /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif but this is the big question.

What do you do when you want to go out wheeling and they are not in to the sport and is money ever a problem ( this can get expensive quick)

[/ QUOTE ]

Has she ever gone wheeling where other ladies were there? If she didn't then she needs to get out with Donna and some of the Krawler girls. Hell we even have the all girls ride every year. Once you get her into going then the money will not be a huge issue as long as the bills come first. This sport is only as expensive as you make it. Your truck is already pretty built so your over the main hump. Your awsome tow rig is paid for and you already have the trailer. If your still not driving the Vette and I know we talked about you selling it, maybe now is a good time to unload it and sink some of the coin in to the K5 to finish it up they way you want it and put the rest in the house.

There is no age to get them started. Katelynn, my youngest started when she was 3 at PAP. She loves to wheel. The kids are the main reason I want to cage the K5.

12. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

My wife went once before my son was born. She's not into it and doesn't like me spending money that she could shop with. Oh well, get used to it cause it's gonna happen. As far as going somewhere without her, she couldn't care less (together 10 years now).

I haven't done much wheelin since he was born cause I was waiting til he was old enough to walk extensively without me packing him and I didn't want to leave him at home - he's my buddy. He is now 3 1/2 and it's gettin time to start doing some camping for starters. He loves the Blazer.

13. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

My wife hated my truck for a while then realized she would probably go before it unless it just fell apart. She has been kind enoughto help finance some of my modifications and even did some work on it herself when i was gone. She isn't in to my kind of wheeling(rock, trails, sand) though. She likes mud and i hate it, so we compromise. I will play in the mud and let her take the truck out in the mud and then she lets me do my own thing. My little girl went to Las Cruces with me in Feb. She liked some parts and didn't others. Whenever she didn't want to do a part i let her out and she went with my spotter.

14. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

i know of a guy around town with a 96 SFA S10 blazer on 36s with a 14FF/D44 ARB/detroit he's black. . . looks/talks like a queer too.

15. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Cool

16. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Well as I type this in hiding from her...lol

Just kidding..My wife isnt into the 'DIRT' thing at all..No rocks,DAM SURE NO MUD, She will go Barbie style camping..(read MOTEL 6) but It is me and the son or daughter. ISon 10,daughter 5..My Son likes to go but is real timid on some things and my girl is the one saying..GO DADDY GO FASTER DADDY...lmao..

I have to say that estabon's daughter is the best I have seen so far..She was in her car seat at hollister on the mini con and she was belting out some tunes while pops was crawling away...lol

And the money thing is ALWAYS a major block...Just have to do it and tell her after it is done and a "new" used part is now mine...lol,So I cant take it back...he he /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

17. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I am the rare wife that wants to go whenever I hear about a trip but my husband is the one backing out. Yes it is expensive when the major stuff breaks but its all part of the game (to have good connections for big stuff or back up parts bought when you can afford it) and why you never daily drive your wheeler, have a back up vehicle. Also the truck can sit until you can afford to fix it, hence the back up daily driver. Just don't push the wives or g/f's into going let them stay home, so us ones that enjoy going don't have to listen to them whine /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif It gives them a good excuse to do something alone with their friends or spend some quiet time at home, take the kids with you bet they would have a great time.

As for how old to start wheeling with kids mine where wheeling before they were born and after. My daughters love the Blazer and are constantly bragging about it and some of our trips. My son loves to go and is constantly cheering us on when it gets a little tippy.

As for same sex partner, no comment /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

My wife is awesome. She loves to go wheelin. And doesn't care if I go without her. As for money, she will give me a little to fix things. But for major purchases the money has to come from my job after bills are paid. And we have plenty of reliable cars available to us, so the Blazer just sits there most of the time. I take it out for short trips around town on the weekends and for wheelin trips.

Although my license plate frame and bumper stickers had to go because of her.

I like 'em on all fours

WARNING: Driver no longer gives a $&!*

This is not an abandoned vehicle

19. rock.monkey

rock.monkey 1/2 ton status

Hell my wife was the one who turned me onto this whole wheeling thing! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I finally had to break down and start building her her own rig. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif