Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OK...this time for sure..K5 and trailer

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by big pappa b, Jun 12, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

This is it. I'm done doing the paycheck to paycheck thing cause of some old credit card debt. Wife and I have been talking this over for a while and it's the best thing to do. I will miss it but we need the bills gone...especially with a baby due in 3 weeks. I may consider parting it out eventually but not an option right now

I'm selling the K5 and trailer. Would like to sell as a set but I will sell the trailer separate if the K5 goes first. It has 1 trail run on it since completed. We took it to Tellico and had no problems other than the carbs issues. To solve that I have an almost new complete MPFI system ready to bolt on but have had ZERO motivation to do so. The big block MPFI unit goes for almost $4k new. The chip that is in it is setup for the cam that is currently in the motor. Just needs bolted on and go. I have a new set of mounting gaskets for the MPFI unit as well.

Here's what else you get:

1980 K5: Uggh..too much to list but here goes. 454/NP205/SM465 - 205 is still slip yoke but I have the parts to make it a fixed yoke. Motor has Comp cams 268H cam, powder coated Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake, Edelbrock 750cfm carb, K&N 5" air filter, (plus the MPFI system), Hooker super comp ceremic coated headers, Centerforce clutch with approx 1000mi, Brand NEW Optima battery, NEW Beard Super Seats, Bestop Soft top in good shape, new 4 core radiator
    NEW JAZ 22gall fuel cell with foam in steel can mounted in bed (only small hole for gas lines)

Front Axles: - D60, ORD Crossover steering, bolt in brace, Missouri Offroad diff cover, 4:56 gears, also have but not installed--> NEW Detroit locker, NEW 35 spline outer shaft, u-joints and NEW MT. Logan drive flanges
    Forgot to add. Have installed new hydro assist steering. Cylinder is a 2x8 w/3000psi. Hoses are heavy duty 2 wire type lines. Steering box is an AGR model
    There is also an ORD bolt in steering box frame brace

Rear axle: 14B FF, detroit locker, 4:56 gears, Missouri Offroad Diff cover, Missouri Offroad axle truss, disc brakes but no emergency brake
    Tires and wheels are both NEW (1 run..no marks)- 15x10 US Wheel 4" bs - Tires 39'5 x 13.5 x 15 IROKS biased ply
    extended stainless brake lines front and rear, new u-joints all the way around,
    Suspension: All NEW front 4" Tuff Country EZ rides w/ ORD greasable shackles
    Rear springs are NEW F*rd 57" leafs w/ Echobit shackle flip and ORD greasable bushings.
    There is also a new axle wrap bar built out of .219 wall tube that was installed just before our only trail ride. NO axle wrap here ;)

Rear bumper is a 4x4 Iron with swing out tire carrier. Spare tire is a 38" TSL with not a lot of tread but a good trail spare

Also has new custom made rock sliders made from 3x3 .120 wall tube with 1.75" .120 wall steps/trees guards (whatever you want to call them)

Front bumper is a Smittybilt tube bumper

The K5 has been wheeled 1 time since all new parts were put on so there isn't much wear on anything.

Things I have but not installed:
    NEW Detroit locker, NEW 35 spline outer shaft, u-joints and NEW MT. Logan drive flanges, full set of front carpet (black) new in box, center console, 2" body lift kit (not new but good shape) almost new electric fan with shroud, NEW hood pin kit from PolyPerformance, NEW inside winch controller panel from Seabass
    I may have some other parts in the garage but I will check later

Trailer: Load trail model 18ft w/2ft dove tail - Custom drive over fenders made from diamond plate and supported underneath by 5/8" steel rods.
    Approximately 2 1/2 yrs old - wood deck

Asking $9500 obo for everything. I'm just ready to move on and get everything paid off

Thanks

Bryan

Last edited: Jun 12, 2005
  2. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

if you do seperate the k5/trailer, Im very interested in the trailer, and what is it rated at and how much do you think youd let it go for and do you have the title and everything
    brandon

3. big pappa b

HAve titles for everything, trailer is 7K with stow away ramps, brakes on 1 axle. Price ...hmmm...Let em think about it case I'd like to sell them together. I know trailer prices jumped over the last year due to steel prices so maybe/hopefully somebody will want both. If the K5 goes first then I'll give you first shot at the trailer :waytogo:

4. big pappa b

Will knock the price down to $8250 without the MPFI unit.
    I may have another use for this :D

5. big pappa b

Possible "Partial" trade considered. Camaro, Chevelle, mid-late 80's mustang...
    you know

6. big pappa b

Up to the top

7. big pappa b

8. big pappa b

to da top again