Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ok...Time for the dumb question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RLBstein, Mar 25, 2002.

1. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

Jul 2, 2000
    I know I know this but, just to make 1000% sure. If I change the gears in the rear axle, I have to change the ones in the front axle as well, right? I spent 2 years rebuilding this thing and read everything I could about a Blazer ( and think i know it all, hehe) but I just don't feel like spending twice the cash on these gears. I know gears don't cost much but with the money I spent rebuilding this thing already, my wife will kill me if I spend another dime in this thing. She doesnt know about the rims, nerf bars, and other doo-dads i plan on adding soon.
  2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Mar 14, 2002
    Yep. Gotta do both. Would do bad stuff to pretty much everything if ya didn't. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif If ya didn't...You would NEVER be able to use 4 wheel drive. And that would SUCK. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
  3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Nov 6, 2000
    no you dont all you need to do is change the rear gears to say 4:10 and run 35's and make the front 3:73's and run 33's in front /forums/images/icons/smile.gif so yes unless you run differant size tires front and rear yes you need to change both front and rear or never put it in 4wheel drive