Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OK Tire Fall Krawl at Paragon Oct 12-13

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chris Demartini, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Fall Krawl 2002

Who else is going? I will be there all weekend with some locals /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

id go but i could only watch.my 4 wheel drive doesnt work because offset gear ratios in my axles.at least until i go one ton. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i wish it was closer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Both trucks are down right now as far as wheeling goes. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">Now both? What happened?

Mudhog leave now you can make it on time! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

You probably saw the pics of mine so I wont go into that and Donna's has a bad pinion bearing. It has been bad since I got it but I really don't want to push it more then I have to.

7. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I might be axle to do a suspension and axle swap on my 78 before next weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

8. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">What stuff are you putting in that? You gonna be around today?

9. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I am at work right now and will be home around 4:30pm.

I could pull my suspension and axles out of my 87 in like 20 minutes and put everything in the 78 in a couple of hours, then just trim the fenders. The rear is already out of the 87, so make that 10 minutes to pull the front end apart.

JK!!!

10. chulisohombre

where do you guys live in jersey.im right on the border by about 10 miles.i need to find someone to wheel with.i dont know anyone around here that goes 4xing.just one guy in his jeep but he doesnt know any real good spots around here.just a couple of 4 wheeler trails and an old railroad bed.i think im going next weekend just so i can meet some of you guys.let me know if we could hook up somewhere and i could follow you out.i know where hazelton is but i dont know where the PAP is.

11. chulisohombre

damn,i was just reading what they require and i dont have a rollbar.i do have the hardtop on though.what kind of tow hooks do they talk about?i have custom front bumper and a class 3 hitch that would be used for tow points.i dont know if that is good enuf fore them or not to let me go on the trails.any body have a spare roll bar laying around or can make me one cheap before this weekend?

12. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">I live in the Northeast corner of NJ. We have a couple trails up here. About the rollbar, I've been there twice with just my soft top and they let me in. As long as you have 2 tow hooks, a spare (doesnt matter if its smaller than your other 4 tires), and everything is strapped down- especially the battery, they'll let you in. A hitch counts as a tow point, thats all I have in the back. PAP is easy to get to. Take 80 west to 81 south then get off exit 142 (rt 924). Make a right at the end of the exit ramp and go north. Make a right into the industrial park and make the 2nd right (I think) after the trail tracks. Go past the water tower and make a left into the woods at the entrance. OK tire is going to run some easy trails if you've never been to the park. Me and 2 or 3 other club members are going to go off on our own run different trails than the OK groups

13. chulisohombre

so you dont have a rollbar either?never had any problems.thats good to know.also do you havce to have a spotter or can i come alone.i dont know anyone that wants to go.if you see my truck honk and i'll ride around with you guys.are you guys going on friday night.if so does it matter where you camp or can i just park somewhere for the night?

14. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">I have a rollbar now, but not the last time I went. The guys I'm going with are going friday night, but I dont get out of work until 11 pm friday night then its still 2 1/2 hrs away, so I may just go early sat morning. I already have a spotter, but I'm sure you can find somebody to go along with. Theres going to be tons of people there. What does your truck look like?

15. chulisohombre

mine looks like yours,except i think a l;ittle bigger.haha j/k.it is primer gray with "the beast" painted on both sides.i'll see ya there.like io said if you see me let me know whoi you are.i'll be searching out the first gen blazers anyways.i love sein others like mine.not many around anymore.

16. aksidentproan

aksidentproan 1/2 ton status

Is this an all weekend event and I would also like to know about the camping situation? I dont really want to come for just one day because its at least 4 hours from Maryland. I just finished dropping in the new 350 and a 2 inch body lift but still dont have the 35's or the locker in yet. Still like to come though.

Evan

17. chulisohombre

its a sat and sun trail ride.its all on the site if you click the paragon ride at the top of the page in the first post.i just registered so i'll be there.the more 1st gens and other blazers,there the happier i'll be.so shoe up and we'll all have a grat time.i'll finally be meeting some of ya'll /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

18. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">You can camp at Red Ridge campground, its about 8 miles from the park. I'm pretty sure some of my club members are staying there, I'm probably only going for saturday now. I stayed there in the spring and it was very nice, I think theres a phone # on the Paragon site. The 80-81 RV park is right up 80, we stayed there for UCP and it was good too, just further.

Oh and my Blazer is blue now /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

19. Chris Demartini

<font color="blue">Does it cost anything to register online? I think me and a few other guys are going to go off on our own and run some different trails than the OK group, I don't want to pay twice

20. chulisohombre

this will be my first time.im sure you dont have to stay with the group if you dont want to.the rule at paragon as i read them is you have to have at least 3 trucks in a group to go out on your own.