Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OK, understand the 3rd seat...........does the 2nd come out easily?

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by BurbinOR, Oct 26, 2002.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

My wife's AWD Safari has easily removable second and third seats..............what about Burbs? Are they bolted in or quick release? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The 2nd row is bolted in. They aren't designed to come out easily. It would be about the same as unbolting the front seats. On our '94, the middle seats fold down, leaving a completely flat floor in the back. I haven't checked to see if the middle seats fold down on my '90. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

3. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Frank the middle seat in a burb are the hardest to remove. The front seats are held by between 4 to 8 bolts, depending on bucket versus bench seats, where as the middle seats are held in by more than 20. However the middle seats do fold down flat, so there is really little need to remove them. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

why bother removing them? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif they fold down flat.

5. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Exactly!

6. Frank,
    My Burb was a 1988 and the 2nd row of seats were made similiar to a fold and tumble seat. The bottom cushion part of the seat has realease latches and then folds forward and becomes vertical against the back of the front buckets, and then the back of the second row has release latches and it lays down flat and holds the bottom cushion in place. I have hauled 4'x8' sheets of plywood and many other things in the back with no problems at all.(Other than the burb being 8 1/2 foot tall) When you talk about removing it, well that is another story !! The 2nd row has a bazillion bolts, ect.. holding it into place. And it is a split seat.(Almost like a 80/20 split) The split is so you can access the third seat.

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Thanks, Harv, THAT is the info I needed.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Not a problem !! Glad I could still be of some help in the SUB-CULTURE FORUM !! You guys have noticed the name has remained the same, but right under it I had Steve put BigJimmy !! My son always asks now if we are taking the Avalanche or the "BIGJIMMY" when we go somewhere. I was trying to get him to give it a name, but it all came back to BigJimmy !! So there she is !!