Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ok? what do i buy?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87sm465np208, Sep 21, 2002.

1. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

i have a question, now do i buy the warn clevis shakle adapter for class 3 reciver hitch, and use my questionable recovery strap that i made from a tie down, or do i buy a nice recover strap, and use my reciver pin to attach it in my reciver hitch and what brand do you guys suggest, im so /forums/images/icons/confused.gif i hope someone can enlighten me on this, thanks everyone. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

You don't need the fancy warn shackle reciever thing, all you need for a 2" tow strap is the reciever and a hitch pin. It would be much better for you to spend money on a good tow strap rather than using a questionable one.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Get the Warn clevis shackle for the hitch and also get a good 3 x 30 recovery strap.

Hook the strap to the Warn clevis shackle and throw the rest of the recovery strap in the back of the truck. Leave the clevis shackle in the hitch though. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

well i think im gunna just for now keep my tow strap i have, its about 2-3" wide and about 20Ft long, and its nylon it should prove some help in a situation, we dont do extrime off-roading around here the worst we get stuck is just doing stupid stuff we shouldnt do, and im just gunna keep my pin for my recever hitch, but thanks you guys, your opionoins wer eapprecated, and yes eventually i willl get a keeper strap (30,000 lb) and the warn clevis shakle adapter, all in due time, c ya'll later. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif