Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OK, what is it and why does it exist?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by homemadesin, Oct 7, 2002.

1. homemadesin

homemadesin 1/2 ton status

My inner rear panels are off and next to the gas fill pipe there is a 1.25" - 1.5" vertical pipe that is capped at the top. It goes through the bed and underneath there is a fitting that joins it and it appears to be three fuel lines (or vent lines). I don't see any mention of it in either LMC nor Haynes manual. MY initial thought was a vent pipe, but you certainly wouldn't want that inside the truck. IF it is not vented, it seems worthless. Any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

That's part of the emmission controls.

3. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

im not sure but i think that someone said that is all linked to the charcoal canister for imissions.

4. homemadesin

homemadesin 1/2 ton status

Hmmmmm. Can I rip it out? I plan on dropping the fuel tank this weekend, so I'll get a closer look.

5. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

I was told it is the vapor seperater for the gas tank. It has to do with emissions, and I think it's supposed to prevent vapor lock. I ran without one on my last blazer without any problems. So my answer would be yeah, you should be able to run without it. But don't throw it away. I looked high and low for one when I didn't have it. They are tough to find.