Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OK.. what wire is this...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, Apr 4, 2002.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I was under the truck yesterday looking UP at the tranny on the passengerside and found a wire unplugged... it is a small rubber boot about the size of a nicke and has two female prongs inside it.. i couldnt find a plug on the tranny that it could go into... the prongs in the boot looked like a "t" one on top of the other and one turned 90 degrees to look like a "T"
    any ideas?

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

it plugs in to the top of the t-case or if you have a sm465 it plugs into the tranny.
    let me guess...does your "4 Wheel Drive" light on your dash not work??LOL

oops, is it a 2 wire or a 3 wire?
    the three wire goes up on the firewall on the side by the column for the rear window switch

3. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

HMMM.. that would make sence but my dash lights stopped workign to so i thought they were associated...
    I'll go plug it in right now...

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

OK... i looked all over under there and i cant find it... no, my 4x4 indicator no longer works, but neither do my dash lights...

I cant find where this wire goes...
    OIt's cant be the window, i have a truck, no power astuff...

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Did you find a plug on the t-case? The reverse on the 465 uses that same plug, but thats not what you are running, so that can't be it, unless you swapped trannies. The Sm465 plug is well hidden on the tranny case, perhaps the 208 switch is hidden too.

6. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Hey Dorian,
    I looked all over my 203... i even looked on the other 203 out of my parts truck.. cant find this plug anywhere...

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Ok, sorry, shoulda paid attention to your specs : )

I'm not sure when the 4wd indicator light came into play. I don't *think* there was one before the 208 though...

Was your truck always an auto, or was it manual originally? I believe one of the manual transmission reverse wires is green, if that means anything. I really can't think of anything else except the tailgate wiring plug (at the tailgate) that has a connector like that, and maybe on some years, one of the firewall for perhaps the tailgate switch...but since you have a pickup, not sure what there would be like that.

8. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

it has always been a th400 to my knowledge.. i guessi could run the vinm huh...

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

On my 203, I pulled the shift boot and stuff out and it is sitting right on top.