Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OK! Where are the pictures!

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Grim-Reaper, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Need some pictures!!!!!!!!!

2. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifyah us guys on the right coast need something to drool over /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i was just thinking the same thing we want some Pic and trail reports

4. WhiteWhomper

WhiteWhomper 1/2 ton status

I just back from BB '03, and I know that alot of pictures were taken and I have been promised that they will be posted soon.

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Friday, lower Helldorado:
    Fred (FWP) broke a D60 ujoint and that was about it, overall not much problem with the trail.
    In the wash on the way out, rene (trustyK5) broke the steering arm studs off his knuckle so we came back in and picked him up after running upper.

Friday Upper Helldorado:
    Started it in the rain and it didn't get any better. Robzilla broke a winch cable, tony (73K5tony510?) busted a 30 spl stub, and Russ (baddog) started breaking his front popright locker.
    Overall it was a long wet day of winching and stacking rocks to get everyone through and there were only 5 of us on that trail. We all missed the meet and greet dinner since we didn't get out till about 8:00.

Saturday Pritchett Canyon: Relatively clean for all involved, everyone drove the rocker knocker, several of us made the rockpile, Fox managed to stay on his wheels for one more trip despite his best efforts and everyone was out by about 7pm. Dave Cowley was the trail hero for the day, making everything look easy, all the guys with 35's did a good job driving to get over everything since there were some tough spots that took more precise driving with the smaller tires.
    We did have one local truck show up that experienced some carnage, his battery tie down (bungee) failed on the rocker knocker and when the battery fell onto the motor it welded itself to the valve cover which ignited the fuel fumes in the motor (left from a flooding carb and no PCV) and blew the valve cover off one side, blew the air cleaner lid totally off the carb (stripped the stud out of the carb body) and roasted all the battery cables. After the fire was put out and he started back down the trail, he pulled the steering box off the frame so he repaired that and several of us that came back down the trail winched him up the last ledge.
    Rene started in behind our group and tore up a rear driveshaft so he limped out in front wheel drive. He had a hard couple of days.

Sunday Hell's Revenge: Once again, lots of fun and relatively little carnage. Robzilla broke a front shaft on the dump bump and we never saw him or the rest of the AZ contingent the rest of the day so i don't know what happened there. Brandon's buggy blew a rad. hose in the Carwash hot tub but it was just a problem with the connection with the fan thermostat so it was not a big deal, luckily there was enough stuff in the way that nobody got burned, just an antifreeze shower.
    We played on the Dump bump, the hot tubs and Escalator for a while so every one got to work their rigs as much as they wanted. There were a couple of good shows in the tubs, hopefully there is good video of that.

That's what I know from our rides. Not many pics from us yet, we need to get the cameras downloaded etc. I know there's a good bit of video since lots of people had cameras.

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Wet and winching? Hell that should be right up Robzilla's alley. That's a daily deal in his old stomping gorunds.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hard to winch without a hook.../forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rob, Fred, Myself, Jay and DuctTape did Gold bar Monday. Rob and the gang minus my truck did part of Golden spike, played on the golden crack and double whammy for a while and then we all wheeled back down in the near darkness. We left for home from there.

DuctTapes fuel tank filler neck got repaired on the trail thanks to Rob's "Tailgate of doom"...He should run NAPA stickers on his truck, I swear he has more stock than most NAPA stores hidden in there. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

DuctTape was the only one to make Double Whammy despite Fred's best efforts to follow suit. Rob gave it a good try too but it sure appears to be a wheelbase thing. Apparently the K5 wheelbase is just plain wrong for double whammy. A bit shorter or longer would work I think.

I took a few pic's of my pretzeled driveshaft with Fred's camera...hopefully he posts them.

Rene

8. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I think with a little guidance on the right line and the right bump, you guys could all get up the whammy, I learned it in my K5 with 35's and it hasn't been a problem since. I'm glad you got out to have some fun, between the steering arm and the driveshaft, you had a rough couple of days!

9. tRustyK5

I'm sure you're right about double whammy, in reality we were running out of daylight and couldn't play there for very long.

We'll be back next year, better prepared and eyes wide open /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

10. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    There were a couple of good shows in the tubs, hopefully there is good video of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll have my video of Wally doing his space shuttle impression and taking off out of the hot tub up real soon /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I swear you left about $230 in rubber there /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. FWP

FWP CRS

12. tRustyK5

I want to see Rob's pic of you at the golden crack. I think it should become your next avatar Fred...you know the pic I'm talking about. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rene

13. tRustyK5

Here is one from Gold Bar Rim...

[​IMG]

Rene

14. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Here's one of AJ.....

[​IMG]

More to come.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here are the only 2 pics I have so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Fred...sniff..sniff...gotta love the springer tribute!!!!

DW

17. tRustyK5

I think Rob nearly pissed his pants laughing during the "Springer tribute"...we were all busting a gut!

Fred tried to get a variation of the 'tribute' later but Rob couldn't hold it anymore... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Rene

18. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i have some very cool video of Dr. Watsons rig powering out of that hot tub. i have watched it about 5 times now and i still cant belive it. if someone wants to help me upload video its pretty damn cool. the rest of my pics will be up monday.

19. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Here's the pic for next year's BB04 dash plaque /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]

Despite reports to the contrary, having a Dana 60 front axle with an ARB Air locker does NOT mean that you can get traction in the air.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif . You could have probably tipped the UAV over by sneezing too hard /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Thanks to Claudia who took the shot. We just got the films developed, many goodies in there, it'll take me a while to scan them but I had to do this one right away!

20. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

This one's from Monday, the new aero package for older Chevy trucks has many uses!

[​IMG]