Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ok, who else is psyched about the Punisher?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Mar 28, 2004.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Been a fan for years and Im totally psyched about the new Punisher flick being released in April. The flick is very 70s/80s action-esque, no lame cheesy lookin CGI. Its also R-rated, which means the director/studio prolly want a Punisher that pays homage to the comics as opposed to going for a PG-13 to try and make more $ on the deal. I love Travolta as a bad guy, I think he really gets into his characters when he gets the rare opportunity to be the villain (like in face off!). At first I was doubtful about TJ as the Punisher... but the guy put on some muscle, and with the right kind of gritty cinematography it will work (remember what people said before Keaton played batman?!). Check out this movie poster promo...

[​IMG]

this flick is gonna rock. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif time to kick some criminal a$$!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

j

2. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

w00t

now only if he drove a k5 instead of that wussy van

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'm not familiar with the punsiher comic but I'll sure as hell watch the movie, got a quick rundown of what its about?

What I'm looking forawrd to is Hellboy....

The previews are super cheesy, but I realize as I read the comic over again, the whole thing IS cheesy, but in a great demon from hell fighting nazis way

The only Logo merchandise I own besides off road stickers, a nd a few anime things is my Hellboy zippo and shotglass

4. jekbrown

lead in to every Punisher comic...

"When mobsters slew his family, Frank Castle vowed to spend the rest of his life avenging them! Trained as a Marine and equipped with a state of the art arsenal he now wages a one-man war on crime"

he has no superpowers... he's just pissed off, has mad training, knows how to fight, has lots of kick azz guns and he lives to slay criminals. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

5. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

ME ME ME ME!!!! Punisher is the only superhero Ive ever liked. Probably becaus ehes just a regular guy with lots of guns /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ME ME ME ME!!!! Punisher is the only superhero Ive ever liked. Probably becaus ehes just a regular guy with lots of guns /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Same here! He wasnt mutated by a spider, he cant fly, he has no special powers, just guns and one goal, revenge. I cant wait. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

7. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

is this 1 suposed to be better than the 1 with dolph lundgren?

deck

8. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

i hope so. Ive never seen the original but everyone says it suck hard

9. jekbrown

the 1989 flick was total crap. It was made by a lil studio in australia... it was never released for american theaters (mainly because it sucked).

this version will unquestionably be better.

j