Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

OK, who works at a gm dealership, or has factory manuals?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIG*RED, Sep 4, 2005.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Hey guys i need some help here with my truck.

since putting in my new engine i am still tinkering and having a few problems with my vaccume lines. i have purchased 4 different manuals..the typical ones you can get at a parts store..unfourtunatlly they are sealed and they wont let you open them and look through them untill you buy them.
    well all the books i bought say right on the cover that they cover "all gm trucks,blazers, and burbs" from the late 70's to mid to late 80's and they all say one the cover "compleate vaccume and wireing diagrams included"

well not one of them has the vaccume diagram for my blazer... :mad:
    they have 1980 and 1984..then skip 81, 82, 83..says for these years refer to sticker in engine compartment...well i don't have a emissions sticker anymore.

So can some one out there that works for a dealership or has factory books see if they can find the correct vaccumme diagram for my truck please and email it to me?

here are the specs:
    1982 chevy blazer
    350 v8, Manual transmission,
    federal emmisions

i don't want the diagram for california emmisions, my truck is federal.i need the one for federal emissions only please.

and once again...please and thank you :D

2. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

dude are you sure it wasn't for 81-84 blazers? My manual starts at 88 so i can't help ya...

3. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

yes. the cover says that it covers all gm trucks,blazer.and burbs from 78 or 79 up to 87 or 88 including canadian models... so they are the right books.

i'm not the brightest bunnie in the woods especially recently, but i do know that they are the right books, even took them back and tried to get a refeund for them because they didn't cover my truck, and they asked me the same question.."you sure its the right book?" and i told them what i wanted and needed, and they looked in the books themselves and said "yep your right, skips right past 1982, but sorry no refunds on opened books" :mad:

4. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Well, it looks like all I find here are the same as you.. I thought I had seen an 81 in th elist, but I guess my eyes were playing tricks on me. :(

I'll keep lookin'

GET SOME

5. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

you need a better parts store...

good to see you on and posting

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I did read this, on a site that I was searching:

HTML:
    If the decal is missing, you will need to go to the local public library. In the reference section they will have engine vacuum diagrams and you will be able to match one up to your engine.
    Thought that was interesting.

Also, this pic is only a sample, but on the lower portion it looks to say 1982 .. if it's of any use. Looks like it's for a 305, but I thought they were usually the same as a 350. Anyway, good luck with the hunt, I couldn't find anything.
    [​IMG]

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think they have those diagrams in the manuals.

Especially with multi-year manuals, there are just too many variations of those stickers I suspect, to put all of them in. I mean every year the stickers changed, then federal, cali, heavy duty, and so on. :crazy:

8. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I have an 82, but it has tha CA sticker. I also have an 82 Chevy factory manual. Let me check to see if it has the vacuum schematics in it.

Just went through the factory manual and it only has the sample that's listed above. :crazy:

9. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

ill see if we have a book at work tomoro, if not i can see if alldata has it

10. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Ask to speak to a Manager at that point! Tell them you don't like getting ripped off and make a big stink in front of other customers. You should be able to get your money back when they don't have what it says on the cover inside the book.

11. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

sorry its been a few days, not easy to get to a computer these days..

but any luck at work or the alldata?

12. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

well i agree on the parts store but i'm not from around here, i'm bouncing back and forth between oregon and washington, and don't know where anything is in these parts...

and thank you..i try to get to a computer when ever i can. not so easy these days.