Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ok why isnt this thing starting!?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Feb 16, 2004.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok i got it getting spark now..changed the modual yet again and now it trys to start so its getting spark..just put a "new carb" on it..holley 600...its getting fuel up to the carb as i can see it goin through the clear filter...but it will crank and sputter..like try to start but just wont do it...only if i pour gas down the carb it will fire up for a second then quit, did this with the other carb too..what u think could be the problem? i checked the wires there all in right..

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Can you see it spray through the jets when you manually open the throttle blades?

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Fuel pump...kink in a hose...
    I had the same problem with my Q-Jet..I could see the fuel go in but when it would try to start it would run out of fuel because of the kink in the hose right down my the fuel pump....
    Just food for thought.. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Yea I was gonna say fuel pressure. Sounds to me all it wants is more gas. Good luck to ya.

Allan

5. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Bad air leak? Check your manifold for tightness and all your vacuum lines and blanking plugs. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea fuel pump was what i was thinking to..only thing i can think of..vacuum..i think everything is good there...ill stick the gauge in the line today and see what happens..all let yall know..thanx! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Did you remove the distributor while working on it? If so, then it's possible that the distributor got put back in incorrectly. If it's off by a few teeth then the spark will be happening at the wrong times.

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea...and no i didnt take it out, just everything in it..(but for the pickup coil of course) so i dunno...im ganna but a guage in the line and see what the presure is like i guess..