Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ok wtf is with pimp my ride

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by protechk5, Nov 26, 2004.

1. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

ok iam a little drunk, but i just watched mtv and on pimp my ride the suburbarn was on and the girl was like i ride dirt bikes but i dont like my suburban and like i was like what the f i love you and now they are goin to pimp that ride???? i mean wtf i love that girl and trcuk?!?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    ok iam a little drunk, but i just watched mtv and on pimp my ride the suburbarn was on and the girl was like i ride dirt bikes but i dont like my suburban and like i was like what the f i love you and now they are goin to pimp that ride???? i mean wtf i love that girl and trcuk?!?

[/ QUOTE ] Pimp my ride licks balls !!! Overhaulin' kicks arse !!!

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah I like how they tell you that the bad ride of the truck is all caused by the rear lift blocks /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif. Anyone else notice the saggy butt when they were all said and done?

4. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

hahaha yeah i was thinking the same thing

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

never seen that one, but west coast customs does some REALLY shitty work. anyone seen the one where they do the old ranger and paint it orange? there was still dirt in the fenderwells, and orange overspray. wankers...

6. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Hell I'll take that flatscreen t.v. that they put in the VW van. But what can you expect its not like they want to put alot of man hours and money into the vehicles. Most of the equipment and stuff is either donated for advertisement purposes or paid for by MTV. Pimp my Ride is not their bread and butter.

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone else notice the saggy butt when they were all said and done?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Your butt would be sagging too if you were an old tired 350 packing around 1000 lbs of batteries and stereo/viedo equipment. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Next stop Calrocks! Dont forget your make up. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. thezentree

i know, but having your shoddy work shown on national TV on a popular show can't help. i still think theyre a bunch of gay ricers. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i know, but having your shoddy work shown on national TV on a popular show can't help. i still think theyre a bunch of gay ricers. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ] That's being nicer then what I call them, LOL. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Most of the kids that watch that show (that show is aimed at) wouldn't know quality work if it bit them..... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. thezentree

yea, but i think the censors on this forum wouldnt like to hear what i REALLY have to say about em /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

blazerwheels, i know what you mean, but still, if that was my shop, i wouldnt even consider letting people see that kind of hack-job rice work.

12. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i was thinking whats wrong with the way it is?other than the hole in the roof.now it looks like it belongs to a PIMP if you know what i mean? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Whats funny to me is that in the first season you saw the same projects just sitting on the shelf all over the place. Hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of vehicles just sitting around while they work on those cars /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I'd sure hate to be the guy who took my Ford Super Duty there and saw it on TV each week, sitting on a lift with nothing getting done. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I thought they were actually going to fix the rusted out hole in the roof. Instead of fixing it properly, they just bondo'ed over it. The engine was leaking so much oil that they had to add some before they left the girl's house, but they didnt do anything about the engine. Instead of a pimped ride, all she has is a suburban with a nice interior, a worn out engine, and bondo'ed over holes in the roof. West Coast Customs would never do any work for me.
    -Harrison

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

they never fix the engine unless it barely runs. They never bother doing anything to the performance or drivetrain, just slap on big rims, fresh paint and forget big brakes to go with the rims, why would you need those? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

16. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

hey, whats the point of the rear having Leather backs and TV floors... YET HAVE NO WHERE TO PUT YOUR FEET.

My legs get numb if I have to sit like that for long!

17. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

That chick actually works at a beauty salon across the street from where my sister works in Santa Monica and she tells me the Suburban is jacked, after the work was done before the show aired she saw it at the salon and for a week or so now it's been sitting behind the salon and there's a big puddle of oil under it and hasn't been moved since.. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    That chick actually works at a beauty salon across the street from where my sister works in Santa Monica and she tells me the Suburban is jacked, after the work was done before the show aired she saw it at the salon and for a week or so now it's been sitting behind the salon and there's a big puddle of oil under it and hasn't been moved since.. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Get pictures of it if you can.

19. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I'm in Az, sis is in Ca, I'll see if she can snap some.

20. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Yeah the burb was a load, but she was good looking. I actually thought it looked pretty sick after the lift, wheels and tires!