Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ok, Wtf

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by beater_k20, May 23, 2006.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

30 minutes have passed, and not a single new reply or thread in the Lounge. is everyone feeling ok?

2. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

No, we have all disappeared and have nothing new to talk about.

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

4. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

Studying all day---Finals week. I'm actually sitting outside waiting for my 8pm final to start. I probably should be studying but I've been doing that all day now it's time for a little peace before the test. LOUNGE TIME!

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm having a "mixed emotion" day. I just spent the last couple of hours cleaning up the K5 because it's officially on sale tomorrow. However, just before that I bought my travel insurance for my trip down to Cali next to pick up my new crewcab.......

Like I said, mixed emotions. :crazy:

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

out with the old, in with the new Pauly. im sure it'll pull the ol boat, and haul the family around much better than the C10 or the K5 ever could. and look good doing it to boot. :D

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I agree. The new towrig will make you feel much better. That is a very nice truck.

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Quit Your goddamn crying! You have wanted that truck for like a year now and You never drive the K5 anymore. Now suck it up and get to planning all the cool stuff You can do with the "Crew" you focking big baby:wink1:

9. Can Can

Yeah, you're right. You know it, and I know it.

I'm not really sad about seeing the C10 go. In fact, I'm holding it for a mechanic buddy of mine until he sells his little Ranger. He knows everything that needs to be done, and is buying it as a project rig. Besides, the ol' pickup paid for itself many times over.

The K5 is a different story. It's been a part of me for 13 years. I used it to move into the first little condo I bought. Kim and I drove it to the hotel on our wedding night. It brought my daughters home from the hospital. And without it, I would NEVER have met any of you jokers. Basically, there are a TON of good memories that involve the Blazer.

Is it kind of ghey to get emotionally attached to a old truck? Sure. Does knowing that make it any easier to say goodbye? Nope.

But like you said, out with the old, in with the new. I'm sure that the V3500 will be involved in just as many happy memories in the years to come. Plus I've always wanted a dually. :rotfl:

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

when i was 17 i had to sell my first street driven truck (1982 C10) in favor of the better body of another 1982 C10. i cried the day i sold it. i didnt have a whole lot into it, but had alot of memories with my dad and my grandfather that revolved around it. about a month after i sold it, things got tougher. turns out the guy i sold it to bought it for his son for a winter beater, and i had to see it every day at school. that ate at me big time.

then when i tore the second C10 down, for what i had planned as a restoration, and it was worse than it seemed. it sat idle for about 9 months before i decided it was time to say goodbye. that truck ran the first engine i had built for myself, the first trans rebuild i had ever done, and it was the ride that defined me in high school and college. i've still got a box of leftover parts in the garage, some things i'll probably never get rid of. thanks to the internet, and message boards just like this one, not only did i get to enjoy that truck, but many other people do too. there are parts off of that truck in 16 different states. some beaters, some show trucks, but all are owned by people who appreciate these old hunks of metal the same way i do. makes me feel a little better.

now the '77 K20, as you know was my grandfather's truck. it was given to me after he passed, by my grandmother. there's only one way im parting with it... you'll pry the keys out of my cold dead hand. i owe nothing on it, so it will never eat any money that i cant afford to spend. If it does need major work, then it can sit idle, not hurting anything.

Paul, its not stupid to be attached, its part of the hobby.

sorry for the novel on "nothing" just hit an emotional spot on emotions for me.

11. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

wait a minute... V3500? not only did you get a dually, but you got a D60 too! lucky bastidge!

12. Can Can

Thanks for sharing, Jeremy. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that feels that way about a lifeless chunk of steel.

And as far as getting one well-built and capable dually, yup, she's the cream of the crop. :thumb:

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

why do i feel like we just hugged, and now we're singing Kumbaya? :rolleyes: :haha:

14. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

As long as your not going to go pet hootus's, it's all good.

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i'm a vagitarian. no sausage for me thanks.

16. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

It's a horrific plague called work. Escape to France while you can.

17. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

its fuggin midnight. what the hell are you doing at work? furthermore, what am i doing still awake?

18. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

See the Canmore pipe thread, I'm up late setting water.