Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Okay Boys, I Leave for D.C on Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dogdaysunrise, Mar 12, 2006.

1. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

What should I look out for?
    What should I bring?
    Where should I go?
    Where are good places to eat?

I am staying about 2 blocks from the theatre there. I can't rememeber the name of the Hotel. I would have to ask the wife.

Remember boys, I will be a scared little Canuck in a big American Milestone city.

2. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Stay away from boys dressed like girls....

3. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I know the sponge could tell you how to have fun. I'd freak out in a big place like that. What are you going there for? if you dont mind me asking

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

The walk from the washington monument to the lincoln memorial is awesome going from the monument you hit the WWII memorial, then go right and its the Vietnam Wall then Lincoln memorial, then when you head back stay to the right around the reflecting pool and pick up the Korean Memorial (this is a cool experiance at night) You can get lost for a day at the Smithsonian hit Natural History and Air and Space. The changing of the Guard at Arlington or a performance at 8th and eye is awesome. Depending on how long your here the Air and Space museum at Dulles is pretty cool, If you land or leave from there check it out.

Avoid South East DC and Anacostia and if you goto Alexandria Old town is cool or you can go south of the Beltway on Rt 1 and pick up hot Krispy Kream doughnuts....like we did at midnight after we got back in town.

5. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

Im going to see the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

Me and the ol' lady just figured we would take in everything we can while we were there. We are flyin in and dont plan on renting a car because alot of stuff is within a couple of blocks or has a bus tour.

Sweet advice Stickseler. Know anywhere good to take a gal for a nice dinner?

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status