Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Okay, Can't stand it any longer! Who rolled, got stuck, broke the axles, caught on fire!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82Jimmy, Jul 3, 2000.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Okay, Can\'t stand it any longer! Who rolled, got stuck, broke the axles, caught on fire!

I want the details! no one will open there mouth or hit the keyboard

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Re: Okay, Can\'t stand it any longer! Who rolled, got stuck, broke the axles, caught on fire!

To the best of my knowledge. (20 Blazers and 1 Bronco)

1 Broken front axle shaft.
    1 Broken shell window.
    1 Broken front bumper.
    1 Broken headlight.
    1 Blown tire.
    3 or 4 with small dings/dents.
    Many with small pinstriping.
    1 Almost roll.
    1 Almost over the side of trail.
    Many straped and winched.
    6 Dropped drinks.
    Everyone good time (I hope)

Feel free to add to this list
    Steve

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Re: Okay, Can\'t stand it any longer! Who rolled, got stuck, broke the axles, caught on fire!

Lets not forget one very possessed 72 that ran with no fuse in for the computer, that had to be straped off the traile then. Then started running and could not be turned off!

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

broken front axel d44
    broken locker d44
    broken rear locker 14 bolt ff.
    broken axel 14bolt ff.
    broken 12 bolts, more than 2(lost track)
    broken tranny case th350. NO SKID PLATE. hit the t-case.
    several windsheilds, damn trees!!
    headlamps, bumpers,fenders,doors, rockers
    broken column shifter(to much body flex)
    but still looking foward to my first roll over!!

your right. I don't understand the jeep thing!

5. Big B

Big B 1/2 ton status

Did anybody take any pics whats a run with no picks i am glad you guys had fun and all came back in your blazers and not bodybags , We can always replace parts but not life, Hope to make the next big run , Later Bruce a.k.a. Big B.

bigb4x4.coloradok5.com

6. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I think Babyblazer thought we ment what had he done to his truck, I dont remember any one ther from New York!

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

7. Brians 60s

Brians 60s 1/2 ton status

You guys wont believe my luck over the 4th. I went to the
    oregon coast in the blazer over the weekend to go wheeling
    and ride my banshee. 50 miles into my trip I lost oil pressure in my caddy 500. popping the hood I found oil everywhere coming out of my breather. massive blowby, I put
    two quarts in and drove another 40 miles before my pressure
    dropped again smoking like something out of desert storm.
    I finally got there 11 quarts later on a 215 mile trip. Two
    days later into riding my banshee crank came apart taking out my bottom end and some of the top. On The way home My
    motor developed a serious rod knock. (wonder Why) I stopped
    to put in oil and let my dog pee. He probably found the only
    pile of crap in 5 miles and rolled all over in it. Finally
    making it home 15 quarts later and pissing a lot of people off. I showered and went to the fireworks show. On the way
    there I heard a thud. I stopped and got out to see my banshee hanging off the trailer with a broken hadlight, master cylinder, ripped seat, shredded plastic, and dented
    chrome exhaust pipes. I can't wait for next year! Think of
    This when you think life sucks. If I can make it through this so can you. Brian

MUDNUT

8. Brians 60s

I know my short story had nothing to do with your run. I just thought I would throw it in there.

Brian

MUDNUT

9. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

man it sounds like had a ruff time on the 4th

[​IMG]Go prepared

I have a Shotgun a Rifle and a 4WD(K5) and Country Boy Can Survive!!!!

10. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Your fourth sounds like it sucked...

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

11. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Hey Brian, what happened to your Cad 500? Did you find out the problem? As for the Banshee, you shouldda bought a Quadzilla (Suzuki 500)!!!! Hehehehe!!! J/K!!!! Man, your weekend sucked!!!!! Sorry to hear it all!!

ken

12. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Man, that sucks!

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

13. Brians 60s

I haven't found out the broblem on the caddy yet. I am suspecting broken rings. The motor had sat for about 3 years
    before I installed it. It smoked a little bit at first then
    a ton on my trip. Geuss I have to tear into it.

MUDNUT

14. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Hey Brian, why waste the money tearing into it...just go to the wrecking yard and get another!!! Locally, they go for $150 in the wrecking yards around here! That is unless you have mods done to yours, of course.

ken

15. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

Here's a good one. I used to have a Mazda 4x4 pickup a few years back. A buddy of mine stole some industrial strength degreaser from his job. So we thought we would give it a try on my engine, which was pretty darn dirty. We took it to the quarter car wash and while I was spraying on wheel cleaner, my buddy was spraying down the engine with the degreaser. A few seconds later I hear "OH F@ck!!!" The whole engine compartment was on fire!! My buddy was fumbling around trying to put it out with windshield washer fluid while I was tyring to pump enough quarters into the machine to get the water gun started. After what seemed like an eternity but was more like 60 seconds we managed to put it out. Damage was limited to a few burnt wires and some melted plastic. I didn't think the truck would start at all, but it started right up....after we dried out the distributor cap that is. My only guess was that the engine was too hot when he was spraying the degreaser. We still laugh about that when we go to that carwash....

16. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

AZBLAZER
    1) Boulder chewed up a trim ring...
    2) Tree root to the shell...

Other than that all went well for me...cept for forgetting to shut off the fridge in the Chalet and having to swap in a battery from tthe 79...i know i had it rough...the guy who had it ruff took a mud bath at 10K feet...heheheh!

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban