Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

okay i need some more answers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sapper, May 17, 2002.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

still working on the bedliner inside the truck. i picked up a wire wheel for my angle grinder and it workes great!! it did take everything down to bare metal and fast. so now once the inside is sanded down can i just wash it out hit it with some brake cleaner and start laying down the bedliner? thanks Paul

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Brake cleaner or the stuff they recomend I think is called Zylnol or something. Should tell you on the can. Home Depot had it last time I was there. It does a fine job of cleaning. Just dampen a rag and wipe it down.

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

thanks Grim...just wanted to double check and make sure i wasent doing anything back asswourd.

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Guess That works too, I'd just take a extra protection layer of treating it with Metal Ready and POR15 , since you've already gone through all that work, I'd hate to have rust start forming below that bedliner.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The bed liner might not stick to that stuff. I know for a FACT that Rhino line won't stick to most rattle can paint. BigJBear was told that before he had his truck done. His tail gate was rattle caned and sure enough it's pealing. the rest of the truck is fine.