Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Okay, I need to vent!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by baldamish, Apr 24, 2006.

1. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

I get awoken this morning to my brother's (the brother living for free in my house because he punched his wife while drunk and ended up in jail with a restraining order:mad: ) alarm going off and nobody hitting sleep. I glance out the window and his car is gone. I get up and go into his room, throw on the lights and notice he's in bed, so i hit the snooze and go ahead and get in the shower because I'm awake at this point. I glance out the bathroom window and notice his car is parked in front of the garage door where my car is parked and his car's driver's door is...ready....here it comes.... wide open!!! So I ask all of you, what would you think at this point:thinking: ? My assumption would be that since i went to bed at midnight and he wasn't home yet, that he had maybe had to much to drink! Then like a lightning bolt it hits me that if his battery is dead because the interior light was on all night, i cannot get my car out and make it to work on time. So i get out of the shower, grab some clothes and "politely" inform him that he needs to move his car, if it will start because oh by the way, you left your f*&^#ing car door open!! He gets up and good news, it started. I finish getting ready for work and come out to the kitchen to let my dogs out, he's mumbling incoherently about "car door heavy, pushed...di....musn't have shut". So I'm figuring that this is pretty much the last straw and he's just drank himself into no more free ride at my house! So i go to work (still a bit angry) and think about it all day.
    I come home and he's already home from work, i ask him "how much did you drink last night?" he staggers for a minute and says "two", I laugh and tell him he needs to move out, and that even though it doesn't bother him that his drinking has ruined his life, i won't let him stay and my house and screw me over by hitting my cars or blocking me in so i can't make it to work on time.
    So, I guess i have a question for all of you, do you think i was wrong? Because after he stormed out of here, I must admit that I wondered if I did the right thing here.....:confused:

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Well, you don't want to be an enabler. One who enables him to continue his bad habits. If he hit his wife, I don't think I'd let him stay at my house. Brother or not, that's just not right. He's got a problem, and only he can get help. Until that time, i think, you did the right thing.

3. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yes you did the right thing. it may be hard because he is family, I know I would have a hard time kicking my brother out, but it sounds like he is a very disrespectful person. I you just keep letting him do that stuff he will never get better and if he doesnt respect you then you dont need him dragging you down with him.

4. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

what he said period!

5. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The key here is that you did the right thing initially- you gave him an opportunity to steer straight and clean up and he blew it. Then you did the right thing by not letting him drag you further into his problems. Good job!

6. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I think you are 100% right in what you did . you need to live your life and he need's to get on with his . Maybe he need's to hit rock bottom to wake the fk up . It's not your problem and it never should be .

7. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Have no doubt, you did the right thing.

8. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Agreed. Don't let him drag you down too.

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I'm not gonna say one way or the other if You did the right thing cause I have never been in that situation with either of My Brothers.
    Now if I was to be in a situation like that the first thing I would do is try to help them get some help cause I wouldn't want to loose one of My Brothers.

10. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i'd have done the exact same thing man... hes gotta learn

11. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

you were 100% in the right IMHO

12. Rhinopkc

Rhinopkc 1/2 ton status

You're doing the right thing, if my brother hit his wife I would knock the sh*t out of him. He obviously doesn't appreciate what you're doing for him, and until he's allowed to fall on his ass he'll never begin to recover.

13. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

You did better than I would have.

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

That the FBI should be called in to help on "The Case of the Missing Paragraphs."

:D :D :D

15. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

If my brother beat his wife and drove drunk, I'd invite him over, then beat him like a rented mule. Then I'd give him a chance to straighten up and help him as much as possible. But, the minute there was a chance my family as going to take a hit for it, sayonara......

16. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Amen.

17. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

*update*

well, i pissed him off enough he moved out on the spot. I've really appreciated all the positive responses! people who don't know me or him that feel the same way i do makes me feel a bit better about the decision i made. Thanks for the support!:D

18. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I agree with the rest of the Brotherhood. You don't have to put up with that kind of crap, ESPECIALLY from family. Does he need your support? Sure. Does he deserve it right now? Nope, not until he proves that he wants to change his ways. Don't feel bad, my friend. Lots of people have deadbeat brothers who they end up leaving behind. Ask me how I know.........