Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

okay, need more power 93 TBI 350

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by 55Willy, Feb 12, 2007.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

the LO5 in my 93 caprice needs moroe power. most blame the heads for the poor top end power as they are a small port.
    i'd like to do the multi port conversion to it but my brother says for the power gains you can add 100 shot of blue bottle for half the price and easier to add and can be swapped easier.

my roommate says swap to a carb and do a more powerful cam.

I currently get 15 mpg in a 4k land yacht. to me the gas pedal is either on or off,LOL:haha:

any input would help?

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

well after getting some good launches today, I'm gonna start building a new motor for it. My dad has a 90 350 with 80K on it that I'll use for the base then do my dart heads and maybe a 383 set up. at that point the TBi will come off and a carb will go in.

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You can run a strong 383 on TBI with EBL. Very tuneable system. Have a look over at thirdgen in the diy prom board. I think extensive mods and better heads is the only way to get good power out of an LO5. TB upgrades needed too. Power ain't cheap with injection! If I lived over there I'd just buy a GM 383 or ZZ4 motor and be done with it, they're so well priced compared to rebuilding and hotrodding a stock motor. Even the ZZ572 is 'cheap' horsepower compared to trying to get that amount of power from a 454, plus a rebuild!

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm thinking of just saving up for a 330 horse crate 350. GM claims the all the stock TBI stuff will work (or be workable to a point) otherwise I'd just stick a cam, intake and carb in cop car and just put the TBI on the buggy.