Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Okay, nerds ... any of y'all watch Babylon 5?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dremu, Mar 23, 2007.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I'm considering buying it, you see, and thought I'd check it out first. I grabbed an episode, the first one, I think, off BitTorrent ... the sfx are great, but the plot moves like molasses in January, and some of those folks are more wooden in their delivery than a lumber truck!

I mean, I can stand through five seasons of Andromeda (Sorbo's funny, and the hot chicks are, of course, hot) ... but this was ... bad. And I'm not expecting another Stargate SG1, but sheesh.

So, for those who've watched it ... does it get better? Or should I go bang my head with a brick and watch EFC or something =))

-- A

2. Strahan

Strahan 1/2 ton status

I love B5, it's my favorite sci-fi show. However, ya gotta stick it out till season two before it gets good IMHO. Its kinda hokey, and I think the acting is pretty corny until you get into season 2. Not -bad- just kinda makes me chuckle at some parts. By the time you hit S3 it sucks you in and you can't escape hehe.

3. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

X2...

4. scotto0609

scotto0609 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Never saw it,but I live in it!

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Scotto, the "living in it" thing took me a minute =))

The latest stuff I could find for download was S2, and yeah, it's decidedly better than the opener -- some of the folks can actually act. Almost. I also note the opener was a double-length, which oftentimes makes for sloooow moving if the director has more stuff than a one-hour but not enough for a two-hour show.

Three hour tour? :haha:

Anyway, thanks guys!

-- A