Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Okay, Who Flipped the Switch???????????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, May 27, 2006.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

SNAFU is the only thing I can think of that would describe the current state of affairs work wise.

Since the start of the month, we've gone from nothing ever happens BFE to might as well pack a lunch and some cold drinks in the car cause I ain't gonna get home to eat.

I've seen more blood in the last week than I care to remember.

I have spent more time tied up on calls in the past week than probably the last year total.

Add the paperwork, probably already equal to half what I did last year.

Yup, summer has arrived.

All of that forced comp time I'm being forced to take ain't gonna make my time built up go down cause I'm making it faster than I can use it.

Any of you big city types got any openings, I need some peace and quiet:D

2. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

Hey bubba, out of curiousity, do you tend to notice when it's a full moon? I work at a trauma center and never thought much of it, until one of the docs said something about it. I now notice that some of the strangest injuries and people come in during a full moon! Just wondering if i was the only one!

3. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

I see it around here when this combination happens....

joe+friday+full moon = raving mad lunatics

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

The full moon here seems to have no effect on the masses. I know in other parts of the country though, the full moon brings them out. I think it's just this week because the temps skyrocketed. We've either hit or came close to hitting 100 everyday in the past week and the sun is still up when most of the stuff has been going on, so it really hasn't been too comfortable for us, I'm just glad that we got new vests though, my old one would probably have killed me by now. Water that has sat in my car for a month or so, after being cooled by the AC for about 3 hours while out on a crime scene tastes pretty good when EVERY OTHER responding unit doesn't think "hey, those guys have been out in that field for 2-3 hours all afternoon, I should take them some water." Don't think I have ever drank two big bottles of Gatorade in 30 minutes before and still wait for several hours to pass before I have to hit the head.

At least when we were out at the party at 3am this morning, the breeze felt pretty good....................................

Come awn winter time:D :D :D