Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oklahoma Area Members!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by prerunner1982, Apr 3, 2003.

1. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

well.. with all this great weather we have been having i figured it was once again time for another truck meet..i realize that there is probably nobody on this site that has been to one of our meets..

This year is looks like the event will be held Sat may 10th.. unless the owner of the property (also a 73-87 owner) says otherwise this is the date, as i have military the previous weekend. this meet looks to be better than the one we had March 30th of last year.. though it was good times the weather tried to interfere...

start time is usually approx 10am.. and last until 5 or 6 or whenever dave kicks us out.... there will be burgers and dogs.. chips.. drinks.. time to look at everyones truck.. and take pics..
    we (the host and myself) ask that everyone try to bring something (food/drinks) to help out. if you cant we are taking donations.
    if you would like to bring something or are able to bring something please contact me.. by PM or email (prerunner1982@aol.com.. subject: OK MEET) i will post a list on here so that we dont have everyone bringing chips.. or drinks.. LOL.

i will post directions in a couple days as soon as i get them worked out. if you would like directions from your location please contact me, and i will see what i can do.

everyone is invited, kids are welcome, though we do ask you keep a close eye on them, as we would not like to damage anyones vehicle. Bring girlfriends, wives (or both), kids, friends... please lets me know who is coming asap, as we need a head count so we know how many burgers and dogs to make.

out of staters are welcome as well....

disclaimer: this meet is in no way shape or form sponsored by CK5.com.

2. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

What part of Oklahoma will this take place? Is there going to be wheeling or is this a social event?
    More details please...

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

What DP said. More info please. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Cool. I suspect it will be in the OKC area, but can't say for certain. I've talked to prerunner before, and he is from down here. But like you both said, more info PLEASE.

John

5. prerunner1982

sorry about that guys. i was informed that i left the location out... it was rather late when i was attempting this. at anyrate it will be a social event in mustang OK.
    though i did recieve an invite to stop by a car show in OKC on the same day if we wanted. if youll want to find a wheeling spot that is fine by me, but like i said. this is mostly just a "social" event. There will also be lowered trucks there. but i figured i would put out an invite to the 4x4 guys as well. its always nice to have variety. that and i am a 4by guy at heart. what else would you guys like to know?

6. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I am in, I don't know if I will have the Blazer in one piece by then /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, but would like to meet some of the local members. Let me know all the details and I will clear my schedule. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I might be game, just depends on work.

8. prerunner1982

John, DP, Kyle? anything else youll would like to know?

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Directions???????

John

10. prerunner1982

bumping this up, not sure how many oklahoma members we have on this site, but i want to make sure they all get a chance to see this.

John, email me (prerunner1982@aol.com, subject: truck meet) and let me know where you are, and i will shoot you the directions.

i will go ahead and post the directions, they are fairly simple. I-40 west out of OKC, to the Mustang Rd exit. exit highway, turn left (over highway) continue on Mustang Rd, south, to sw 54th street. turn right. i have not been there yet myself, though i will probably stop by tonight while at a cruize, so i will have an idea of what we are working with. more than likely you will see a slammed street truck and an ugly grey 2wd (stock height) as well as quite a few other 73-87s hopefully. if the trucks can not be view easily from the main road the house will be marked. i will post this at a later date (soon). if anyone still needs better directions, like i told John, email me with your address and i will give you detailed directions from your place to the meet!