Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oklahoma junck yards??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Steve Harvey, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Steve Harvey

Steve Harvey Registered Member

Iam farly new to Ok,. Iam looking for some advice on which junk yard to use?

2. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

there is a big one just down the road from you north on HWY102, called Bill Hudson's, that where I do my business.

Krennen

3. buffblazer

buffblazer 1/2 ton status

boy if your looking for special k5 parts, go somewhere else. i have lived here for three years and i have gone to at least a dozen junkyards and when i ask about k5 parts they say sorry havent had one of those in years. thats why im glade im moving to wyoming for college :D

4. Steve Harvey

Steve Harvey Registered Member

How are the prices there?

5. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Prices are fair to outrageous, just depends on what it is and what kind of mood they are in. I have got some sweet deal, but they have tried to rip me off to, I was looking at a factory hadtop to replace mine and they want $250 for it, I almost fell on the floor laughing.

I have not found any good 4x4 specialty yards, I have bough most of my parts from friends or off the board. I do know Hudson's has a pile of various axles that is every bit of 10" tall. They also have a set of Rockwell's out there too, but I never inquired to a price.

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Like Krennen said, there aren't a whole lot of good junk yards around. There is one out on SE 29th a mile and half east of Harrah Rd that my buddie's uncle owns. He's about the only one I've found that doesn't think all his stuff is gold plated. You lookin' for anything in particular?

John