Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oklahoma Meet........

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by prerunner1982, Oct 2, 2003.

1. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

OK... here it is! The meet will be the 18th of Oct, Sat! 11-3ish. It will be at Lake Hefner, take Britton road exit, turn west towards the lake, then turn south (left, towards Bahama Breeze restaraunt) follow rd until it ends at the parking lot. There we will be! bring the wife/husband.. and kids if you would like, there is a playground close by. The only thing lacking right now is a portable grille to cook on. i am still working that issue, but if anyone has one they would like to bring that would be great! just let me know asap! there will be food and drinks. they are free but a donation would be greatly appreciated! if anyone has any questions please feel free to post them and i will answer them to the best of my ability. i will post better directions for those who are unsure as to where lake hefner is. Hope to see alot of you there!

If anyone needs a place to stay, let me know so i can work that issue also. I have 2 couches that can be reserved if needed.

if anyone can bring anything (drinks, food, chips, etc) let me know so we dont have all drinks and no chips or something like that.

2. prerunner1982

ttt /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I'll be there, need to bring anything with us? I can bring anything you need, got a small grill cast iron grill too if you need it. I will contact some of the other locals and pass the word too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. let me know what you need.

Krennen

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Damn, bad timing for me, I will be most likely rebuilding my tranny that day. There's always next time...

John

5. prerunner1982

rebuilding the tranny huh? need any help? lol maybe we could stop by..

Krennen, yeah bring the grille that will work great. bring whatever else you want to eat or drink or whatever. and by all means invite more.. there should be a few street truck guys... so no fighting! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Yep, tranny went south about three weeks ago. Right now I am short of two important things, time & money, so the 18th all the stars ought to be in alignment, and I can get this thing done! See ya around.

John

7. prerunner1982

muddog, you still gonna make it? how about that grill?

8. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Yup, I will be there with grill in hand. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I have already got that day off work, so as long as nothing falls off the K5 I will be there. How may people are going to be there?

Krennen /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. prerunner1982

good deal, i have a grill as well. i am bringing dogs and buns and condiments, another guy is bringing burgers and buns. a few guys are bringing chips and drinks, so whatever you want to bring its all good... did you get any local guys to come? there will be a handful, less than 10 most likely, unfortunately.... i was hoping for a better turn out. we have had good turn outs in the past but recently they havent been as good. maybe i picked a bad weekend, i didnt have alot of time to plan it as you know how oklahoma weather can be. a year and a half ago.. or two.. we had probably 15 people and close to 10 trucks.. doesnt sound like much but that was a good turn out. all were stock or street trucks.. nobody here cared to come. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif not sure if i will coordinate another one next spring or not. depends alot on if i am still here (military).... see ya Sat! feel free to E-mail me if you have anymore questions or would like my cell phone just incase...

10. prerunner1982

any last min questions? if not see you on sat! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif