Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oklahoma residents, and others.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TSGB, Feb 22, 2006.

1. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

What do you remember about the federal building being bombed by Timothy McVeigh?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I was stationed at Ft. Irwin and was ramping up to go out into the desert for a mission when it went down. Since I moved back home two years ago, I have visited the Memorial three times, once at night. Other than that, I really have no personal experience with it.

Now I do know one guy that was supposed to be at that building on that day for whatever reason, but for some reason, he didn't go. My undersheriff had to go down there either a day or two after it occurred. He went by the place on foot and since he was in uniform, security personnel grabbed him up and gave him what tour that he could.

Everytime I have been, it has been very moving. No matter if you believe that McVeigh acted alone or if there was some conspiracy afoot between foreign nationals, white separists and/or if there were two bombs and that the feds knew beforehand of what was going to happen; it will make you sick that some sick sonofabitch or bitches would undertake such a chicken**** stunt and kill a bunch of innocent people including kids in an attempt to exact revenge for Waco and Ruby Ridge or some such horse****.

I really cannot compare it to some other places I have been. I've been to Pearl Harbor, was stationed at Schofield Barracks and have driven and ran up Kole Kole Pass; I've visited Little Big Horn, some lesser known battlegrounds. The mood is always solemn, yet with OKC it's different because the victims and the parties involved were of different nature.....................

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I was sitting at my desk at the last yard I worked at when it happened. The thing that got to me is I'm pretty sure thats the building I did my MEPS processing at so I think I was there a few times before I went to boot camp.

4. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

sitting in my Military History class, throwing some game at this chick with big brown eyes and big round hooters.

we thought that the trash truck had dropped a dumpster, about 10 mins later the tornado alarms went off and we slowly found out what happened.

my buddies mom worked there, at the Social Security Office, but she was on vacation that week.

about 5 kids at my school lost parents.:(

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I remember being off-base for something, and waiting in line for nearly 2 hours for the MP's at the gate of MCAS Tustin to basically disassemble EVERY VEHICLE coming on-base. I thought my boss was gonna shoot me when I finally got back to work - he didn't even notice. That's when I found out he had family in OKC. He lost an aunt.

6. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Man I was young when that happened but I still remember it. I didnt know anyone there but I know what its like. I was in boyscouts with one of the men killed in the A&M bonfire collapse in 99. One of my friends was supposed to be on stack that night but for some reason wasnt. I know there's a difference between the two but it still hits close to home.

7. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I was living in California at the time asking myself, "Why would anyone blow anything up in Oklahoma City?" Crazy people do crazy things.

John