Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Old Age

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by roadnotca, Dec 17, 2005.

1. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

What's with this spit leaking out my mouth/old man ***t?:confused:

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

you too?

Welcome to your 40's !...:surepal: --wait till you start sucking your teeth,and biting your tounge while eating on a weekly basis,and waking up with canker sores from biting the inside of your mouth while sleeping--..waking up with a flood on your pillow from drooling..etc..:( ..very depressing..:doah:

I'm dreading my 50's!..thats when the other 2 openings start leaking I'm told..:eek1: ...

3. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

The best is yet to come. Wait till the only part that gets "stiff" on a regular basis is your knees!!!!!

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Yet to come??

I must be ahead of schedule--my back,legs,and knees get stiff way more often than the other part I WANT to be stiff already!..:eek: ...of course,having had testicular cancerand losing half my baggage might have had an influence too..:doah: ..

Reminds me of a joke or 2 I heard..about growing old..:

Harry goes to the store one day, stark naked,except for a scarf wrapped around his neck,in 20 degree weather...

Harry sees his friend Nick coming the other way--Nick's eyes grow wide as he realizes Harry is naked,except for the scarf around his neck!..he says:

HARRY!--WTF are you doing,walking around in public NAKED!!--ARE U NUTS!???..and whats with the scarf??

Harry says "It's my wifes idea..you see,yesterday I forgot to wear the scarf,and I got a stiff neck..............:haha:

Another one is the comedian/ventriloquist Jeff Dunham,and his puppet "Walter",which is an "old fart/grouch"--one of my favorites..guy is hilarious live..saw him at a concert once...

..Jeff says "So Walter,hows it going??"

Walter: "LOUSY!"--
    Jeff asks "Why??? whats wrong??"

Walter says "I ate too much Oat Bran"...

Jeff says "But Walter,Oat Bran is GOOD For you!--It keeps you "Regular"..

Walter scowls,and says "REGULAR HELL!!--I'm 2 weeks AHEAD of SCHEDULE!"...:haha:

Yup..getting old sucks!..I guess its better than the alternative though..:doah: :crazy:

5. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

UMMMMM I turned 40 this year and spit has been leaking out of my mouth for as long as I can remember........ What day is it again? LOL how is the engine swap going>

6. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Hey Guys! Goin to the inlaws Christmas day, wondering if I can fit it in before or after; I think I decide today. Still yet to swap the cam & heads, wish I had a barn/slab so I could work into the night, less than 50* is too low for this 53 yr. old. How's your truck comming along? I rem you guys were putting in a built 396 and a 1 ton fr axle.
    Walter to Jeff, "Regular? ***t, I can't even fart with your hand up my butt!"

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

50 anit so bad. Turned 50 a while ago. It was fun. Best party i have been to in a long time. My wife threw a surpisie party that totally caught me off guard. All Me Buccos and friends were there, got lots of good whiskey, beer, Pizza and hot wings. Got good and falling down drunk we all saulted the Jolly rodger that my Daughter thoughtfuly had flying on the wall and a great time was had by all.
    They say life begins at 40. If so, that means I'm only 10 years old.
    I aint got no complaints.

8. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

No compliants here either, ahm just gettin stawted.

9. drofdar

drofdar 1/2 ton status

Old?

I got you guys beat; I turned 54 in Oct. Vietnam Vet and survivor of the 60's!! It ain't so bad. I just figure all that other stuff just toughened me up some. It's all in the attitude of the user. Like this site. Lots of way younger guys have knowledge that I will never attain. But for me its new and fresh. So its a blast to build and run my own rig. Could I just buy one? Yeh, but that won't be keepin me young at heart, will it? "Never Give Up, Never Surrender"

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

:thumb:
    Couldn't agree more.
    Ck5 kinda keeps me thinking young too. Getting ready to head out to do a little wheeling today . Prolly would not want do that if I was an old fart:D

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

NNNoooooooooo, if that's true I don't want to see 40. Say it ain't so Mike.:doah:

12. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Lets just say that it takes longer to "launch" the rocket than it used to.

13. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

I'm thinkin, by definition, us 50+ CK5 wrench monkeys have it all over the youngsters, we've got experience and performance.:wink1: