Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Old and ugly motorhome... Redneck version of MTV "Road Rules"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Sep 23, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Old and ugly motorhome... Redneck version of MTV \"Road Rules\"

Everyone who knows me knows I like rigs that are old and ugly. So, I just said I had to have this 1973 Open Road 20' Motorhome after I used it for a weekend.

It has a Chevy 350 in it with a TH400, and actually has good acceleration for a motorhome. It also has a blown out muffler, so we got many stares /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif as people looked over after hearing a roar, just to see a motorhome burning out around a corner (well, it didnt quite spin out, but felt almost like it could if I tried /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

So...now Im determined to figure out a way to buy this thing... why? No one knows. All I know is that it's old and ugly and I like it. My friend says it looks like it has two eyes (headlights) and an open mouth (grille) that is ready to devour anything in it's path. If I got it, I might even convert it into a 4x4.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Re: Old and ugly motorhome... Redneck version of MTV \"Road Rules\"

"King of the Road"

As sung by Roger Miller.
    Or, as "Super Dave Osburn" serie's, Dave had a piano atop his motorhome, as it was screaming down the freeway, of course a low bridge appeared, and Super Dave,the Piano, and the picket fence, were wiped off the top of said motorhome.

Gonna have that at Your Mud Bog Race's next year? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

the front looks like a catfish. but i think its hella cool, looks like u could have fun with it.

4. mountainexplorer

I probably won't end up getting it, but if I do, It'll be up there. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Would probably take me a couple years to make it 4 wheel drive (or should I say 6-wheel drive) Just mount a divorced 205 T-case in it, and find a Dana 60 Dually front end, make a couple drivelines and shifter linkage... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

That would be? Unique! I can see it now, someone up camping, sitting around the fire, and hear this "thing" grinding/churning through the wood's, and then they see it,
    coming around a corner.[thrill music from Alfred Hitchcock's the bird's] /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

if u get it and make it 4x4, u gotta play dueling banjos over the PA when entering campgrounds. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif doode where have you been? i was about to have a missing person thread for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lift it and rebuild the interior with the Ultimate Behemoth rig from Simpsons season 1 as your inspiration. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

9. mountainexplorer

There are just so many possibilities with that motorhome. I think I'll leave the muffler the way it is (exploded from a previous backfire). The night I came home with it, I wanted so bad to drive down Division (Spokane's main north/south street) and try and race some ricers with it. But I didnt cause it wasnt mine, and we were low on gas. I'm debating on if I got it, if I'd paint one of those faces on the front of it. Nah, looks goofy enough as it is.

I havent even been online very much recently... to busy keeping rigs going, going to classes, and doing about 300 trades and other parts/vehicle deals at once.

If I dont get the motorhome, I suppose I could just build my own...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It'd be easy to play dueling banjos on the back porch of this one. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    [​IMG]

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

PAINT IT CAMOFLAUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif