Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Old Computers And Parts

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Resurrection_Joe, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Any old computers you have or parts for them in the 400mhz time period type, I'd liek to have all of that, as many odl parts as you guys can dig up, I cant pay much but maybe someone wants to get rid of something, needing some 8 chip 128mb PC100 ram specifically right now, othetwise I'm always open

2. micah

micah 1/2 ton status

I've got RAM in all sorts of sizes and speeds, have some video cards, sounds cards, network, modem... most of what you need... heck i've got processors if you want to go a bit faster...

I guess I'll post up some pics and then we can figure it out from there?

3. Resurrection_Joe

Sure thing man

I dont need anything, I've got mine set up how I want it, it's just that I keep hacking into my bosses when it breaks and a lot of people are having me work on thiers. Plus I would liek to build a net and cardmaker pc for my mom.

4. micah

micah 1/2 ton status

5. Resurrection_Joe

The ram definatley, maybe the 16mb PCI video card, maybe a processor if I can price out a board and case for on of the higher end ones, I'll keep you in mind for dsl installs if your going to have all these network cvqards too, never had much of a call for soundcards

Oh and the smaller hard drive

Lemme know

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I have a 33.6 modem somehwere $3 if I can find it
    12mb Matrox PCI video card
    8mb Matrox AGP video card (can use both cards and setup dual monitors) $35 for both
    I have a Cyrix MII 366mhz pc100 CPU - $5
    I have a smart&friendly 2080 CD-R, with a SCSI card and cable for $15
    Old style ISA network cards $3
    PCI metwork cards $4
    Tons of new floppy cables $1 each
    some new HD cables $1 each
    an old HP 100mhz pentium (the original pentium computer) with 96MB of ram, seems like the HD got upgraded its over 1gb (had a 460mb HD originally), runs windows 95 upgraded from 3.11, sweet little machine requires no fans, I was going to set it up for a network but I bought a router instead. $40? plus ship its heavy though
    I have several old matched sets of PC66 (72pin memory sets, ranging from 2-4mb up to 32mb) $10 for al of them like 10 sets of ram I think.
    I have all kinds of power cords $.50 each

I'm hoping to find a new job soon and move if you want I'll put together a box of all the goodie I have (minus the HP computer) for like $60 shipped (all the video, network, dialup cards, all the old cd-roms and cd burners... Everything I know works or I would have tossed it.. might just be a matter of finding drivers for the cd-roms if your not using window 98 or newer)

For $85 shipped I'll throw in a NEW in the box SMC 16+2port network hub(this is a 1U network bay size), a linksys 4 port network hub and power supply, several network cables

I have 2- 3com managed hubs that I wont use, you can have with the $85 deal if you want to pay about another $15 for shipping (I dont want them but I can't bring myself to toss them /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, they are heavy though).

If your serious and you want pics of the stuff I'll dig it all out and take pics, I'm figuring shipping threw fedex that will be the cheapest way to ship becuase all the network stuff gets into the 35-40lb range /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

If you not wanting networking stuff, I have a buddy that has several cd-roms, maybe some DVD players and cd-rw's that me might part with since he's not doing computer work to much any more.

7. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I have an old PC it is a 133 with 48mb ram and 2 g drive 15 in monitor and 3 botton mouse. it has an OK sound and Vid card. if you want it pay the shipping and $50 it is all yours.

brett

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

top /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Resurrection_Joe

Sorry, I'll get back to you later tonight

10. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    needing some 8 chip 128mb PC100 ram specifically right now

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a few lying around, not sure how many chips. Why do you need 8-chip?

Also have some more 128Mb and 256Mb in PC100, pc133, 2100 and DDR. I think I also have 2x512Mb PC133 left.

I've also got 2 ATI Raedon 9000 2x/4x 64Mb AGP video cards looking for a new home along with a few 8-Gig IDE hard drives, 2-18.2 Gig Wide Ultra SCSI drives (Compaq branded Cheetahs), at least 2 2940 SCSI controllers, many 1 - 2 and 4 Gig SCSI hard drives, SCSI CDRoms, 2 SCSI Jaz drives (internal and external) with 16 disks, Zip drives w/disks, 7 CD Tower with Token Ring interface, lots of Token Ring and Ethernet cards (PCI and ISA), Modems, sound cards and a few 166-266 complete working computers.

I've also got zillions of misc cables lying around ranging from Cat5 cables to 25pin - 20ft serial commo cables.

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Help me clean out the shed and take some of this stuff off my hands! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Oh, I almost forgot:

128 Mb PC100 = $10./stick shipped to your door.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Resurrection_Joe

Hey everybody, sorry for not getting back to any of you, I sourced the parts locally for cheap or free

Anyway, NOW I need a cheap whole computer and or parts for such computer

I need it only to be able to run Windows 98 in base mode and Winamp

I'm going to set up a hacked together MP3 player at work with an old pro logic theater system I have

So it needs a sound card with audio out and 10GB of storage, if I cant get it with 10GB, I can probably get a HDD from another member

I don;t need a monitor, but if you have a junk mouse and keyboard I could use them

Anyone who posted a comp for sale, please let me know if you have them still

12. micah

micah 1/2 ton status

13. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i have a 400meg slot 1 style m/b and CPU, its celeron and works fine, fits in ATX style cases i put in a slot A gateway kadoka m/b and CPU in place of it, i have older power supplies and ram cards and other cards around if youre looking for anything

good luck

14. Resurrection_Joe

I'm not really looking to build anything if I can help it

I'll keep you in mind in the future though!